How to fix Steam Cloud errors (2022)
Steam Cloud allows your games to save your data to cloud storage hosted by Steam. But sometimes, players may experience Steam Cloud errors possibly due to file sync issues or file conflicts. If this happens to you and you fear losing your game progress, try these troubleshooting tips.
How to fix Steam Cloud error
If you’re playing games offline, or if you’ve turned off Cloud Sync, you’ll see Steam Cloud errors on the games in your library.
- Close Steam, reload and try again. Click Try syncing again next to the Play button and force sync the files.
- Resolve Steam Cloud Conflicts by sync local and cloud files. (more on this below)
- Your test Internet connection.
- Find out if Steam stops working. If it’s a temporary problem, it should be resolved after a while.
- Check your view anti-virus software or firewall is preventing Steam from connecting to the server. Disable it and check it out. You can also try adding Steam as an exception.
- Restart your modem and router. If your network hardware has been ON for a long time, some problems will occur. Fresh start can help fix Steam Cloud errors. If you are using WiFi, use a wired connection and check if it works better.
- Check if other programs are interfering with Steam’s connection to the servers. This can happen if you are using a VPN or it can be any other application. Make sure to close them completely before uploading to Steam.
Vapor cloud conflict
If there’s a Steam Cloud conflict (i.e. the game’s local files are different from the cloud storage files), here’s how you can resolve it sync problem:
- You’ll see a window asking if you want to download Cloud files to the machine you’re currently using or if you want to upload local files to the Steam Cloud.
- Make sure to carefully check the most recently modified dates – the window will even tell you which dates are older and NEW.
- The newer version will obviously have the latest version, but if you want to choose to save the older file for your in-game selections, go ahead with that version.
- Select the version you want to save and resolve Steam cloud sync conflicts.
This is where Cloud Files are stored locally on your PC:
- Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
- Mac OS: ~/Library/Application Support/Steam/userdata
- Linux: ~ / .local / share / Steam / userdata
Remember that when you play games in Offline Mode, they won’t sync until you’re back online while playing. This is one of the main reasons why Steam Cloud errors can appear.
https://gamertweak.com/steam-cloud-error-fix/ How to fix Steam Cloud errors (2022)