TWITCH has become one of the most popular live streaming platforms for gamers, sports and music lovers to come together and watch a live event.
If you’re hosting an event and want to learn more about hosting a live stream on Twitch, follow these steps.
What is hosted on Twitch?
When you’ve had enough broadcasting for the day and want to unsubscribe but want to keep your channel engaging, you can switch to host mode.
Your chat room stays the same, but instead you broadcast something from a different channel.
Every broadcaster on Twitch has the option to host videos from another channel.
This will help you in a number of ways, e.g. B. Keeping your community engaged while you’re offline.
It also helps you build relationships with other broadcasters, and in the future they might decide to share your show and promote your content as well.
How to host on Twitch
This is a step-by-step guide on how to host on Twitch.
Host mode is only available in website version.
- Type /host channel name into your chat.
- Your channel viewers can’t see the broadcast of the channel you’re hosting.
- You can follow the channel that is holding the live stream.
- You can only host one channel at a time.
- In 30 minutes you can host up to three channels.
- Enter to disable host mode /unhost into your chat.
How to set up automatic hosting on Twitch
You also have the option to set up automatic hosting on Twitch.
You select a list of channels that you agree to go live on your when you’re not logged in.
It can be activated by all broadcasters and is also activated by default.
So when you log out, the auto-host will wait for three minutes of inactivity to make sure you’re 100 percent not live, and then the channel will choose another to host.
To host automatically, follow the steps below:
- Go to the channel settings.
- Select Featured Content at the top of the page.
- In the Autohosting section, click the Autohost Channels switch to ON.
To select the channels you want to auto-host and create a list, you need to:
- Remain in the previously entered setting.
- Click Autohost List.
- Use the search box to find and add channels.
- Drag and drop channels up and down to arrange them the way you want them hosted.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9187693/host-twitch/ How to host on Twitch