Murder mystery on a spaceship game has, among us, been growing in popularity since its release in 2018, with more than 60 million daily players.
But what is just among us, and how do you play it?
What is among us?
Between us is a murder mystery game in which a team is preparing a spaceship for takeoff – but some of the players are impostors intent on thwarting the mission.
It’s a four to ten player game, played online, but more and more people are using VPNs (Virtual private network), to change their IP address and location.
It is compatible with iOS, Android and PC in the same game group and has a built-in chat platform.
Among Us was released on June 15, 2018 and developed by InnerSloth.
How do you play among us?
Players can choose to be a legal crew member or play as a impostor.
To play as a crew member:
While you prepare to take off, use the Admin Map and security cameras to keep an eye on other players to try to identify the impostor.
It’s important to react quickly to undo each bad move by the impostors and identify them as quickly as possible.
If you discover something suspicious, you need to discuss it in an emergency meeting and vote to remove the people you suspect.
You win the game by eliminating all impostors or completing missions to prepare your ship.
To play an impostor:
The goal of your game is to kill the legitimate crew and make sure this ship is never ready to take off.
Sabotage the take-off building by doing as much mischief as you can.
This could include trapping and killing teammates and framing others, or pretending to infiltrate by doing fake quests or saying you’ll do them but don’t.
You can sneak through the vents to move more quickly and secretly.
Who are the characters among us?
The Characters among us are humanoid creatures wearing space suits, which you would never see without.
They weigh less than seven stones and are three feet and six inches tall.
Basically, the characters among us all look the same, but can be customized with different colors, hats, and other cosmetics.
The different colors give no particular strength, and there seems to be little to distinguish them in character.
That said, fans of the game often describe different meanings or personalities to the characters, sometimes based on how InnerSloth has used them in promotions or their appearances as symbols. statue.
- Red is often thought of as an impostor, and even often an impostor in game promotions;
- Blue is one of the main colors, but is not usually used for promotions;
- Green has a bit of a believable character to it, as it is often used as a symbol for an urgent meeting or after a report of a dead body;
- Yellow patted a small robot in a promo and used in the Admin Map, so also mostly trusted;
- Informal orange stands for discussion, as it appears at the start of an urgent meeting;
- Black color is used as the icon on the instructions tab and also the vandalism button;
- White appears as an icon for notifications and also the vent button;
- Purple is used a lot in advertising;
- Cyan and Lime were added after Orange and Green in 2019. Some say that Cyan, smaller than the others, is the child of Orange and Green.
The only thing different between the characters is whether you’re playing as a legit crewman or an impostor, and that can vary from game to game.
Is one of us a free game?
Ours is free on the mobile apps for iOS and Android, but the PC version costs £3.99 in the UK – or $4.99 in the US.
The mobile version offers 12 colors and 40 free hats, but you have to pay for any other hats or cosmetics after that.
All color and cosmetic customizations are free on the PC platform.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/8241159/how-to-play-among-us/ How to play between us?