Planning a vacation trip and want to mark some landmarks on Google Maps so you can find them more easily when moving around a place?
If yes, then here we show you how to put a pin on Google Maps and have all the places you want to visit ready for you to find them.
How to drop a pin on Google Maps on iPhone or Android phone
Dropping a pin on Google Maps is the same whether you’re using an iPhone or an Android phone.
What you need to do is:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Find the spot where you want to place the pin and zoom in so you can see it clearly.
- Tap and hold where you want to drop the pin until you see a pin under your finger.
- You have successfully created a Pin.
On mobile devices (including iPhone, iPad, and Android phones), you can use the search bar to drop pins.
Each of the pinned places can be saved as a starred or tagged place.
Here’s how to find them again later.
It’s a great way to mark destinations you want to visit or maybe where you parked your car.
How to put a pin on Google Maps on desktop
Alternatively, you can put a pin with Google Maps on the desktop.
Most Read in Phones & Gizmos
- Open Google Maps on your computer.
- Find the place you want to pin and zoom in to see it clearly.
- Click where you want the pin to fall and you should see a small gray pin appear and a small info box will appear at the bottom.
- You have successfully created a Pin on a desktop.
You can save these pins and use them for another time when you want to visit this destination.
If you are going on vacation and have in mind some places you want to visit, you can also put a pin on it and plan a route to visit them all and don’t waste time traveling.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science Team? Email us at email@example.com
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/8874675/google-maps-drop-pin/ How to put a pin on Google Maps