YOUR iPhone and iPad can scan documents, and you can do it with a few simple steps.
Apple devices have had this helpful feature for a long time, but many people forget about it.
How to scan documents on your iPhone and iPad
Gone are the days when you had to own a scanner to scan a document.
Nowadays, your own iPhone can do the work.
One of the other millions of features that such a small device can offer is free document scanning.
Apple introduced the useful application in 2017 with their iOS 11 operating system.
It was particularly beneficial for many during the times of the national lockdown in 2020 and 2021.
The feature is supported on iPhones and iPads running on iOS 11 up to Apple’s latest operating system, iOS 16.
Here is our guide on how to use your iPhone or iPad to scan a document:
- On your iPhone/iPad, open the Notes app and create or open a note.
- At the bottom (or at the top on some devices) you will see a bunch of different icons, tap on the camera icon.
- Select the “Scan Documents” option.
- Put your document in front of the camera and make sure you’re in a well-lit room.
- If Auto mode is enabled on your device, it will automatically recognize and capture the document.
- You can do this manually by tapping the shutter button and then fitting the scan to the document.
- Tap Save or tap More Scans if you have more documents to scan.
How to edit and sign scanned documents on your iPhone and iPad
Just scanning a document isn’t the only function your device can perform.
You can edit and even sign it, all virtually.
Before such features were available, you typically had to print out the document, sign it, and then scan it again with a scanner.
But now you can do it with a few simple touches on your iPhone or iPad.
Edit and sign scanned documents on your iPhone and iPad:
- In the Notes app, tap the document you want to edit or sign.
- Tap the Share button and then tap Markup.
- After that, you should be able to access the editing features like pen, highlighter, and ruler.
- If you want to add your signature, tap the Add button and then select Signature
- You can add saved signatures or create new ones.
- After that, you can resize your signature and place it in the right place in your document.
- At the end, tap Done.
You can also just use the pen tool by following our first three steps.
The pen tool could be more sensitive, so you will need to use a stylus or Apple Pencil.
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get the latest news about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9870136/scan-documents-iphone/ How to scan documents on your iPhone