IF you ever see a QR code, don’t panic – they’re easy enough to scan.
We’ve put together a simple guide on how to scan QR codes to get what you need.
How to scan QR codes on iPhone
Apple users can scan a QR code with their iPhone, iPad, or iPod if it has a working camera.
And that only takes a few seconds.
- 1) First you need to open the camera app.
- 2) Select the rear-facing camera and move your device over the QR code until it captures it in the viewfinder.
- 3) Your device should recognize the QR code and a notification will appear with the link to what the QR code is trying to show.
How to scan QR codes on Android
Smartphones running Android 9 software or even newer versions can also scan QR codes simply by opening the camera and moving it over the code.
This is because the software knows to open Google Lens QR scanner automatically.
Google Lens can automatically detect and show you the URL.
You can also take a picture of a QR code and view it later by opening it in Google Photos and then clicking the Google Lens icon.
- 1) Smartphones running Android 8 need to go to Google Assistant and click on the lens icon which should be at the bottom of the screen.
- 2) The phone camera will open and you need to point it in the direction of the QR code.
- 3) A link should appear or the QR code may be outlined, meaning you must click on it to see text.
- 4) If you are using Android 7 or below, you need to download a QR code app and scan over it.
How to scan QR codes on Samsung
Samsung phones are of course Android phones, so the process is pretty similar.
Samsung built the functionality into its OS, so all you have to do is open the camera, point at the QR code, and the URL should appear in the viewfinder.
Just click on it to open the link.
QR codes that only show text give you the option to import the message into the Samsung Notes app.
- Read the latest phone and gadget news
- Stay up to date on Apple stories
- Get the latest on Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get the latest news about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science Team? Email us at email@example.com
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/5662650/scan-qr-codes-iphone-samsung/ How to scan QR codes on iPhone and Samsung