APPLE introduced Apple Pay eight years ago as an alternative to carrying physical cards and cash.
Handy iPhone tool lets you buy pretty much anything in stores with your phone. But how to use it?
1) How to set up Apple Pay on your iPhone
Setting up Apple Pay is possible on a range of devices, from your iPhone to your Mac to your Apple Watch.
However, the most common place to store your map data is on an iPhone. How to set up Apple Pay on one.
Add a new debit or credit card to the Wallet app, or add a card that you previously used on a device associated with your Apple ID.
- In the Wallet app, tap the “+” button.
- Tap Debit or Credit card.
- Tap Next.
- Follow the onscreen steps to add a new card.
- Check your information with your bank or card issuer. They may ask you to provide additional information or download an app before approving your card for use with Apple Pay.
- If you have a paired Apple Watch, you have the option to add the card to your watch as well.
2. How to use Apple Pay on your iPhone
Once Apple Pay is set up and ready to use on your phone, the next step is to actually use it in a store.
When a store accepts mobile payments, it displays the Apple Pay logo on the checkout — and some stores even display it on the store door.
When queuing to pay, here’s what you should do.
- On newer iPhones with Face ID (meaning anything newer than an iPhone 8 bar the iPhone SE), double-tap the power button on the right side of the phone and your cards should appear.
- Alternatively, open the Wallet app on your phone and tap the card you want to pay with.
- Hold your finger over Touch ID to verify.
- Lastly, move your iPhone close to the contactless terminal.
And there you have it — you used Apple Pay.
You can pay with Apple Pay in most stores these days, and you’ll likely find them in: coffee shops, garages, and retailers.
3. Which iPhone do I need to use Apple Pay?
Apple Pay was released in October 2014 – meaning it can be used on any iPhone model released after that date.
That means Apple Pay is available for iPhone 6, 6s, 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, SE, X, XS, XS Max, XR, 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max, 12 , 12 Mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 Mini, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max.
Apple Pay is available for these models in 51 countries worldwide.
Apple Pay can also be used with an Apple Watch and even an iPad or Mac.
4. What is the Apple Pay limit?
Unlike a regular contactless card, Apple Pay has no limit.
If you’re lucky enough to have an iPhone set up with Apple Pay, you can spend to your heart’s content without worrying about contactless limits.
However, some overseas countries may require you to enter your PIN number for purchases over a certain price.
5. Does Apple Pay work without internet?
Yes – you don’t need an internet connection or even mobile data to use Apple Pay.
Apple Pay uses the NFC (Near Field Communications) chip to transfer payments.
This means that even if you run out of data or your phone is on airplane mode, you can still pay with Apple Pay.
The best tips and hacks for phones and gadgets
Looking for tips and hacks for your phone? Want to find these secret features in social media apps? We’ve got you covered…
Get the latest news about WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook and other tech gadgets here.
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science Team? Email us at email@example.com
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/6591112/how-to-use-apple-pay-iphone/ How to use Apple Pay on your iPhone