Thanks to this year’s World Cup kicking off in November – as opposed to the usual summer start date – ITV bosses are said to be considering moving the start date for I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out out of here! – in an attempt to prevent a schedule clash
Video not available
I’m a celebrity… Get me out of here! was supposed to broadcast a few weeks earlier than usual this year – to avoid overlapping with the World Cup.
The ITV reality series will likely kick off from its usual late-November start date, so TV and football fans can enjoy both events.
The Qatar 2022 FIFA World Cup will begin on November 21 – the exact date that I’m A Celeb premiered last year – and will run until December 18.
A source described both football and the featured show Ant and Dec as two of “ITV’s biggest juggernauts” and stated that it “makes sense to keep them apart”.
“The last thing anyone wants is for viewers to have to choose between the latest game from the jungle and a big game,” they said. Sun.
“Nothing has been confirmed at the moment – but whatever ITV does will be in the best interest of its viewers.”
Mirror has approached ITV for comment.
Speaking to the same source, the channel said it was “too early” to confirm details about future broadcasts.
The World Cup usually takes place during the summer – a season when ITV tends to air reality TV shows like Love Island.
The potential schedule change comes as it is confirmed that I’m A Celeb will be returning to the Australian jungle later this year.
The star-studded reality TV show has been forced to film in Wales over the past two years, due to the impact of Covid-19 and international travel restrictions.
As the contagious virus spreads globally and makes international travel a logistical nightmare, I’m A Celeb swaps Australia for North Wales for the first time in 2020 .
With a new location and a new collection of famous faces who were the first castle residents, the 20th series drew an average of 11.05 million viewers, as a country is under lockdown. the likes of Jordan North and Vernon Kay caught up with castle life – with Giovanni Fletcher being voted the winner of the first Welsh series.
Kieron McCarron / ITV / REX / Shutterstock)
Last year’s series saw former Emmerdale actor Danny Miller crowned as the first Castle King, after the ITV series was forced to return to Wales once again.
Speaking on The One Show last month, the Ant and Dec host confessed that the plan is to return to the jungle again, when the 22nd season airs later this year.
“Now, I’m a Celebrity, go there, because Austrailia is reopening their borders from Monday, right?” Host Alex Jones asked the presenters during their chat.
“So is it a castle, or a jungle?”
Ant revealed on the BBC show: “The plan is the jungle.
“Nothing against Wales,” Dec quickly began, joking that Wales presenter Alex gave him “a pretty stare”.
“We love Wales,” Ant continued.
“But you know, Australia is [I’m A Celeb’s] home and we want to go back there – and we can! “
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/im-celeb-start-date-brought-26504863 I'm A Celeb start date given ahead 'because ITV bosses want to avoid football clash'