A MUM has issued an urgent warning to parents after her young son fractured his skull from falling out of his Moses basket.
At just eight days old, baby Tytus was placed in a basket on the kitchen bench.
His mother explains how their pet cat got its claws stuck in Moses’ wicker basket, before dragging it to the tiled floor.
This leads to collarbone and skull fractures, bleeding in the brain, and a stay in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
The image shows the bruises on Tytus’s head and behind his ears from the impact of the fall.
The family decided to share their story through Tiny Hearts Education Instagram page, so that others don’t have to go through the same experience.
Tiny Hearts Education’s mom and CEO, Nikki Jurcutz, said: “We’re going to get a text message at least once a week about this and it’s an important reminder…never ever. leave your child at the top, it only takes a split second to do something Wrong.”
Fortunately, Tytus has made a full recovery, but the mother is now urging others to be careful when using Moses’ basket.
She said: “Now I see a lot of parents throwing their baskets, throwing and repenting on the benches but please take it from me. Please stop.
“My son is now thriving and hitting all of his major milestones, thank God.”
Bleeding on the brain is a serious condition and bleeding on the surface of the brain is called a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH).
When an artery inside the brain bursts it is called an intracerebral hemorrhage.
Blood can leak into brain tissue with high pressure, killing brain cells and causing brain swelling.
Bleeding into the brain can be life-threatening and can also lead to brain damage.
The Moses Basket is a safe and traditional item to use for newborn babies.
Experts at What says that when you use Moses baskets you need to make sure they follow the latest safety standard: BS EN 1466: 2014.
If you buy a used Moses basket or use one that a family member passed on to you, you should make sure you change the mattress.
This is because a shrinking or sagging mattress can be dangerous for your baby.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun news desk?
https://www.thesun.ie/health/8502109/devastating-photos-baby-boy-no-parents-endure-hell/ I’m sharing devastating photos of my son so no other parent has to suffer our hell.