Lifestyle

I’m sharing these photos of my little boy so parents know the dangers that lurk in parks

A mother has warned parents to be mindful of what their children pick up in parks after her little boy had tummy surgery.

Frankie had been playing with his brothers, but when the family returned home, he displayed worrying symptoms.

The little boy had been playing in the park with his siblings when he started having debilitating symptoms

2

The little boy had been playing in the park with his siblings when he started having debilitating symptomsPhoto credit: CPRkids/facebook
The two-year-old was found to have swallowed metal beads (pictured above)

2

The two-year-old was found to have swallowed metal beads (pictured above)Photo credit: CPR Kids, Facebook

Mum Bree Crawford said he was throwing up, feeling lethargic and also complaining of stomach pains.

The concerned parent had posted on the site CPR kids Facebook page after doctors found her son swallowed 22 colored magnetic metal balls.

The mother said, “That poor little fellow gave us a real fright.”

She explained that the family had taken Frankie to see doctors and that he was eventually taken to Sydney Children’s Hospital.

“They performed an operation to look inside and see what was causing the pain.

“It turned out that without our knowledge he had swallowed 22 colored magnetic metal balls that one of his brothers had picked up in the park.

“These “toys” had done a lot of damage to his guts and guts. The amazing team here sorted him out and he will be here for most of the week recovering.

“Any parent with young children, if you have these in your house, get rid of them.”

The small balls had been too small to show up on an ultrasound scan.

Medics were only able to discover the eggs after digging into the two-year-old’s organs and tearing a hole in his digestive system. 9News reported.

The toddler underwent three hours of surgery and has now fully recovered.

CPR Kids experts said these toys are banned in Australia but can still be bought online.

They warned that while they may appear harmless, they also pose a choking hazard.

In May last year, the NHS in the UK issued a safety alert, calling for the small metal balls to be banned.

It came after it was revealed that 65 children in England needed urgent surgery after swallowing magnets over a three-year period.

The small magnetic balls not only pose a choking hazard for the little ones, but can also be deadly.

The small toys become compressed in the intestines or intestines and can squeeze the tissue, cutting off the blood supply.

LONG-TERM PROBLEMS

Pediatric surgeon and National Clinical Director for Children and Adolescents at NHS England Prof Simon Kenny previously said the items should not be available for sale.

“It’s not fun for children or their parents to remove swallowed magnets that are stuck together through different parts of the intestine, or the long-term physical problems and internal scars that can remain.

“I would urge parents to be aware of the dangers associated with magnetic toys, but ultimately the only way we can prevent future incidents is to stop selling these items altogether,” he added.

Doctors previously warned about the dangerous toys after little Libbie Walker had major surgery and was left with a 7-inch scar running from her belly button to her hip.

Straightforward Susanna makes Boris squirm as she quizzes him about the cost of living
Piers lashes out at Meghan as she rants about her Netflix ax

In 2018, a 12-year-old boy had part of his intestines removed after swallowing one of the magnetic beads.

Freddie Webster was taken to Hull Royal Infirmary after a 3mm bullet punctured his stomach wall.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun newsroom?

https://www.thesun.ie/health/8740018/sharing-photos-little-boy-parents-dangers-lurking-parks/ I’m sharing these photos of my little boy so parents know the dangers that lurk in parks

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button