Brits have an extra bank holiday in June to celebrate the Queen’s 70th anniversary on the throne, so there’s no better time for a weekend getaway.
Holiday companies are offering Brits great deals on long weekend breaks to make the most of the celebrations, with some starting as low as £134.
If you click any link in this article, we may earn affiliate revenue.
The extra bank holiday is scheduled for Friday 3rd June, while the late May bank holiday will be moved to 2nd June to make it a four day weekend.
On Thursday 2nd June there will be a grand festival parade in honor of the Queen’s birthday.
Holiday breaks available include beach breaks to popular destinations such as Spain and Bulgaria, and city breaks to Amsterdam and Kraków.
City trips to Kraków cost from £292pp for three nights at the Maly Krakow Aparthotel, departing 2 June from London Gatwick.
Or three nights in Amsterdam are available from £294Departs London Gatwick on 2 June.
If you’re looking for a break in the sun, the biggest bargain is a three-night stay in Santiago de Compostela, Spain at the Compostela Inn from £134.
Here are the best deals we found:
- Three nights self catering at TUI SUNEO Tamaimo, Tenerife from 2nd June from Manchester – from £375
- Three Nights Self Catering Accommodation at Albir Resort and Aquagarden, Costa Blanca departing 2nd June from Luton – from £265
- Three nights half board at Aluasun Costa Park, Costa del Sol departing 2nd June from Liverpool – from £282
- Three nights bed and breakfast at the Grand Garbi Hotel, Costa Brava, departing 2nd June from Manchester – from £265
- Three nights room only accommodation at Hotel Villa do Val, Galicia, departing 2nd June from Manchester – from £160
- Three nights accommodation only at Apartamentos Marina Internacional, Alicante departing 2nd June from Luton – from £270
- Three nights accommodation only at Hotel Verga, Bulgaria, departing 2nd June from Luton – from £220
Prices are based on two adults traveling together and sharing accommodation.
The additional bank holiday brings the total number of public holidays for England and Wales to nine days.
The other public holidays are Good Friday, Easter Monday, early May, August, Boxing Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for a place to stay this Easter, Park Holidays are offering 50% off luxury caravan park lodges from £19 per night.
We have also found Cheap vacation packages for couples from £159pp, including hotel and flight.
TUI Blue also has this summer Family holidays from £519pp and free places for children.
https://www.thesun.ie/travel/8572179/holiday-deals-jubilee-bank-holiday/ Inexpensive 3-night holiday abroad over the anniversary holiday