Instagram said it was pausing the rollout of new features on its app following online backlash from users and celebrities including Kim Kardashian, Kylie Jenner and Chrissy Teigen.
expect new features to increase the video content shown to users and “suggestions” criticized for blocking posts from friends.
Earlier in the week, Instagram boss Adam Mosseri posted several videos on Twitter explaining the changes and said he wanted to “continue to support the photos”.
But on Thursday, a spokesperson for Meta, Instagram’s parent company, said the company wanted to “take time” to get the changes right.
“Based on our findings and community feedback, we’re pausing the full-screen test on Instagram so other options can be explored, and we’re temporarily reducing the number of recommendations you see in our feed so we can improve the quality of a Meta spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter.
“We recognize that changes to the app can be an adjustment, and while we believe Instagram needs to grow as the world changes, we wanted to take the time to make sure we do this right.”
Responding to Mosseri’s earlier Twitter video, US model Teigen said that users “didn’t want to make videos” and were seeing lower engagement for photos.
Kardashian and Jenner also shared an online “petition” to “Make Instagram Back to Instagram” on their stories.
https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/instagram-pauses-new-features-rollout-following-online-community-backlash-41875905.html Instagram pauses rollout of new features after online community backlash