PENNEYS has issued an urgent recall of a children’s toy for sale in stores in Ireland.
High street buffs have warned of an identified safety issue with their kid’s wooden xylophone with a mallet.
Boss warns there is a risk of small parts posing a choking or swallowing hazard.
The affected products were sold in Penneys stores between May 8, 2021 and October 18, 2021.
The recall notice issued through the Competition and Consumer Commission states: “Primark (t/a Penneys) Ltd. is recalling their child’s wooden xylophone with a mallet.
“A safety issue has been identified with the affected products where there is a risk that small parts (the xylophone pins and the ball at the mallet end) could come apart from the product, potentially posing a hazard. choking and/or swallowing.”
Anyone who has purchased one of these products is warned to stop using it immediately and keep it out of the reach of children.
If you purchased this product, you can return it to any Penneys/Primark store where you will get a full refund.
Most read in The Irish Sun
You will not be asked to provide proof of purchase.
It was not disclosed how many of these products were sold in Ireland.
Meanwhile, on Monday, Irish parents were warned against using children’s toys sold in many stores across Ireland – due to the risk of suffocation.
Smyths Toys, Tesco Ireland and Ken Black Toys are all recalling Baby Clementoni Blooming Flower Senses Rattle.
The affected product has a safety issue and small parts could break off and be swallowed, posing a choking hazard to young children or possibly harming their digestive system.
The affected products have EAN codes 8005125173266 and 8005125173600.
THOUSANDS FOR SALE
The notice was issued by the Competition and Consumer Commission in recent days.
Approximately 2,100 affected products were sold in the Republic of Ireland.
Those who think they may have purchased an affected product should stop using it and do not allow children to play with it.
Consumers are also required to return the product to the store they purchased it from for a full refund.
BACK TO WASHING SLEEP
Meanwhile, Shein is conducting a voluntary recall of some children’s sleepwear because of the risk of burns.
Nightwear does not meet flammability standards and there are approximately 69 affected products sold in the Republic of Ireland.
The SKUs for the affected units are Sknight10190731477 and Sknight10191129405, which can be found on the clothing’s label.
The affected products were sold between August 2019 and September 2021.
If you have purchased one of these products, CCPC has advised that you discontinue use immediately and contact Shein via their online account or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a full refund and Additional gift vouchers.
https://www.thesun.ie/money/8044761/penneys-urgent-recall-irish-parents-warned-toy/ Irish parents warned to stop giving children xylophone toys in Penneys recall because of choking and swallowing risks