IRISH Rail has been providing customers with an update on its on-board snack carts, which have been out of service during the pandemic.
Nearly all Covid restrictions will be lifted from 6am tomorrow, but face coverings are still mandatory on public transport.
Updating passengers, Irish Railways said the regulations still did not require people to take off their masks and eat on board – dashing hopes of a return of the snack carts.
A spokesman for the rail service said: “We will act on the advice of both HSE when it comes to reintroducing catering across our services.
“The regulation governing face coverings on public transport does not stipulate the removal of face coverings to eat and drink, but only to take medicine.”
The only the rules will be maintained From tomorrow, I will wear a mask, self-isolate after testing positive for the virus and Covid beans to travel internationally.
From 6 a.m. on Saturday January 22, the restrictions will be lifted as follows:
- Guidance regarding household visits has been removed.
- Early closing times for entertainment and events have been eliminated.
- Capacity restrictions for outdoor events, including sporting equipment, no longer apply.
- Capacity restrictions for indoor events, including weddings, are gone.
- The restrictions on nightclubs are being lifted – although nightclubs do not yet have a special waiver to stay open late and may not return to normal hours until Wednesday.
- The requirements for a valid Digital Covid Certificate to enter various facilities will be removed
In his sentimental address with country tonight, Taoiseach Michael Martin says everyone should “take a moment to appreciate how far we’ve come.”
REMEMBER TO LOST
He said: “To appreciate the hard work and sacrifices of those who put themselves in danger to keep us safe. To remember and appreciate the lives and contributions of those we’ve made. pass away.
“Our thoughts are with all those who have died with Covid and indeed all those who have passed away during the last two years, whom we have not been able to mourn as we would have liked or as they should have been. .”
He continued: “Spring is coming and I don’t know if I will ever look forward to this as much as I am looking forward to this.
“Humans are social creatures and we Irish are more social than most. We look forward to this spring we need to see each other again.
“We need to see each other’s smiles. We need to sing again. For all our faults as a country, we’ve come a long way since this day in the year. 1919.”
https://www.thesun.ie/news/8245590/irish-rail-snack-trolley-update-covid-restrictions/ Irish Railways updates information on fast food carts on trains as Government relaxes Covid-19 restrictions