Dublin’s Chapter One was named Ireland’s Best Restaurant in the final of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2022, held at the Convention Center Dublin this week.
After a two-year hiatus due to Covid-19 and battling a business cost crisis that has made it difficult for many to recover, nearly 900 restaurant and hospitality business owners and employees celebrated at the event.
Chapter One’s victory continues the momentum for an impressive development of the fine dining icon. Under the patronage of chef Mickael Viljanen, it has earned two Michelin stars, and many critics believe it may be the first in Ireland to receive a third.
Ahmet Dede, from Dede in Baltimore, Co Cork, won the coveted ‘Best Chef’ award at the Restaurants Association of Ireland Awards.
Goldie in Cork won the gong for ‘Best Casual Dining’ whilst The Rusty Mackerel in Teelin, Co Donegal won ‘Best Gastro-Pub’ and The Sky & The Ground in Wexford won ‘Pub of the Year’.
The awards, now in their 13th year, feature nominations by the public, with final decisions made by regional and national juries.
All-Ireland Individual Awards went to Eoin Cluskey of Dublin’s Bread 41 (“Local Food Hero”), Conor Sexton of Dublin’s Nightmarket (“Best Restaurant Manager”) and
2022 All-Ireland Winners:
- Best Restaurant: Chapter One, Dublin
- Best Coffee Shop: Tiller + Grain, Dublin
- Pub of the Year: The Sky & The Ground, Wexford
- Best Casual Dining: Goldie, Cork City
- Best Cooking School: Aniar, Galway
- Best Seafood Experience: Beach House, Tramore, Co Waterford
- Best Gastro Pub: The Rusty Mackerel, Teelin, Co. Donegal
- Best Hotel and Guest House Restaurant: Mount Juliet Estate, County Kilkenny
- Best Cocktail Experience: Skirmantas “Mossy” Lelys, Hilliards, Killarney, Co. Kerry
- Private Dining & Club: No. 25 Fitzwilliam Place, Dublin
- Best Digital Marketing: Michael’s, Mount Merrion
- Local Food Hero: Eoin Cluskey, Bread 41, Dublin
- Best Sustainable Practices: Grow HQ, Waterford
- Best Emerging Irish Cuisine: Old Couch Café, Waterford
- Best Restaurant Manager: Conor Sexton, Night Market, Dublin
- Best Wine Experience: Ely Wine Store, Maynooth, Co. Kildare
- Best World Cuisine: Mezze, Tramore, Co Waterford
- Best Newcomer: Orwell Road Restaurant, Dublin
- Best Customer Service: Uno Mas, Dublin
Regional winners were also announced – including Best Restaurants in Connaught (Lignum, Co. Galway), Leinster (Aimsir, Co. Kildare), Munster (Chestnut, Co. Cork) and Ulster (Deanes Eipic Belfast).
More at www.irishrestaurantawards.com.
https://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/irish-restaurant-awards-2022-full-list-of-winners-including-irelands-best-pub-and-cafe-42006214.html Irish Restaurant Awards 2022: Full list of winners including Ireland’s Best Pub and Cafe