MUNSTER confirmed contract extensions for six players on Monday.
Ireland flyer Simon Zebo is the team’s choice – put pen to paper with the southern province until 2024.
He is a product of the Munster academy – having made 148 appearances for the red shirt since 2010 and is their all-time leading scorer with 62 goals in all competitions.
Diarmuid Barron, Jack Daly, Ben Healy, Keynan Knox, Jeremy Loughman have all joined Zebo in committing their immediate futures to the club.
Healy signed a one-year extension while the others all agreed to a two-year extension in the red shirt.
The next good news came from six other players who extended their contracts with the province last week.
Elsewhere, owner Johann van Grann Joey Carbery confirmed will miss this week’s Champions Cup clash with Castres as he continues his recovery.
He said: “He still has some weeks of absence but we are delighted that he is staying at Munster Rugby, he is a big part of the team.
“Unfortunately he got injured in the match against Wasps.
“It’s an elbow injury – he can do a bit of work but it will take a few more weeks.”
Munster was on the verge of a monumental win over Ulster last weekend – having played most of the game against 14 men after Zebo’s red card for a dangerous tackle.
The victory is a motivation for the province, who have been struggling with their recent form.
And, looking ahead to this week’s game, van Graan said: “We won’t get lost. The last time we played Castres away, we lost 13-12.
“The way they’ve come back against other teams over the past two weeks means they’ll be one of the few there.”
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/rugby-union/8184016/ireland-simon-zebo-new-two-year-contract-munster-contract/ Irish star Simon Zebo signs new two-year contract with Munster as province announce another five contract extensions