Business

Irish Wish shoppers warn against using chargers and adapters because of the risk of electric shock

WISH shoppers have been warned against using two items sold on the site due to the risk of electric shock

The Competition and Consumer Commission (CCPC) has warned the Irish public about a charger and an adapter sold on Wish.com.

CCPC has issued a warning about two products being sold on Wish

2

CCPC has issued a warning about two products being sold on WishCredit: CCPC
Safety issue identified with the following four-port USB adapter

2

Safety issue identified with the following four-port USB adapterCredit: CCPC

The organization made two announcements on the USB Adapter and on the USB charger sold on the popular shopping app Wish.

Users of either device may be at risk of electric shock and should discontinue use of these electronic devices.

According to the CCPC, consumers who have purchased these items and are at risk will be notified by Wish of the dangers.

CCPC warns: “A security issue has been identified with the following four USB ports adapter already available on the Wish platform.

“There are many non-conformities related to the internal components, which can lead to electric shock to the user.”

CCPC also warns shoppers about 10-port chargers sold on the site.

Most read in The Irish Sun

They said: “A safety issue has been identified with ten tailgates USB The 50W smart charger is already on the Wish platform.

“There are many non-conformities related to insulation and internal components, which could result in electric shock to the user or connection failure of the equipment.”

The Commission recommends that consumers follow the instructions on their website and stop using either product immediately.

They said: “If you believe you may have purchased an affected product, discontinue use immediately and discard the product immediately.

“People purchasing these products from the Wish platform will be notified of this by Wish.”

ELECTRONIC DANGER

Meanwhile, a PC Recovery was released after parts began to “melt and burn”.

Some people reported a burning smell and smoke coming from their computers. Some pictures posted of the burn on the motherboard.

In a statement, Asus blamed the Z690’s capacitors, a component that stores electrical energy.

The Taiwanese tech giant said: “During our ongoing investigation, we have preliminarily identified a potential reverse-manufacturing memory capacitor problem from one of the production line may cause debug error code 53, fail to post or damage motherboard components”.

https://www.thesun.ie/money/8161628/irish-wish-shoppers-warned-charger-adapter-electrical-shock/ Irish Wish shoppers warn against using chargers and adapters because of the risk of electric shock

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button