- Burrow leads comeback. Joe Burrow confirmed plenty of poise in main a come-from-behind win. He didn’t play badly within the first half, but the Bengals had a zero on the scoreboard coming into the break due to a missed area aim and plenty of possession time for the Jacksonville offense. However Burrow got here out on hearth within the second half, and led a scoring drive on all 4 of Cincinnati’s second-half possessions. He had rock-solid go safety for the second week in a row; based on Subsequent Gen Stats, his common time to throw (2.73 seconds) was a quarter-second longer than it was in Weeks 1-3. The consequence: 17 completions on 20 second-half makes an attempt.
- Huge strides for Lawrence. This was by far Trevor Lawrence’s greatest recreation for Jacksonville. Apart from curing the turnover bug that spoiled his first three outings, he annoyed the Bengals protection by the air and on the bottom. He took less difficult completions beneath protection, was an ideal seven for seven on play-action throws, and threw the ball away when wanted. He ran the ball extra successfully than the field rating will credit score him with (36 yards), transferring the chains with possibility keepers to maintain drives alive. He additionally was working with out one in all his prime targets in WR D.J. Chark, who exited on the opening drive with an harm.
- Uzomah comes up big. Bengals tight finish C.J. Uzomah. The previous fifth-round choose didn’t catch a ball earlier than halftime, however proved to be Jacksonville’s undoing with 5 catches for a career-high 95 yards and two touchdowns thereafter. Burrow harm Jacksonville on play-action rollouts, together with on Uzomah’s first landing, and the tight finish did loads of harm on the game-winning drive, as nicely: a first-down catch to the Jaguars 43, and a 25-yard reception on a 2nd-and-14 play that put the Bengals in field-goal vary.
- Seismic momentum shift. There’s no overstating how a lot momentum the Bengals have been in a position to seize in just some minutes on all sides of halftime. Had been it not for his or her fourth-down cease on their 1-yard line earlier than the half, the Jaguars’ would-be 21-0 lead would possibly’ve led to a unique consequence. As a substitute, Cincinnati took a way more manageable 14-0 deficit into the locker room, then emerged for a fast TD drive to open the second half, adopted by a three-and-out defensive sequence. By then, the house crowd had been rejuvenated, and the sport slowly slipped away from Jacksonville, because the Bengals snapped a 20-game shedding streak when trailing by 14 or extra factors, per NFL Analysis.
- Right here’s to you, Mr. Robinson. The Jaguars teaching workers has gotten Jaguars RB James Robinson progressively extra carries every recreation this season — simply 5 in Week 1, then 11, 15, and eventually 18 on Thursday evening. It’s no accident that the Jacksonville offense has, in flip, gotten progressively extra environment friendly. Forcing Cincinnati to respect Robinson Thursday evening is the explanation the option-keeper was open for Lawrence, to not point out some good play-action passes. Robinson completed 18 for 78 on the bottom with two touchdowns; he’ll must be central to no matter progress the Jaguars make offensively going ahead.
Subsequent Gen stat of the evening: With a 14-0 lead and possession on the Cincinnati 1-yard line close to the top of the primary half, the Jaguars’ win most likely peaked at 86%.
NFL Analysis: City Meyer’s 0-4 begin in Jacksonville marks a primary for him as a head coach — his longest shedding streak on the school stage was three video games whereas at Florida.