Joe Duffy was stung by hot fish on Dublin beach

Joe Duffy has revealed that he caught a fish fever while walking on a beach in Dublin recently.

The Liveline presenter spoke about her experience after hearing a guest on his show tell of the “excruciating pain” she felt after being stung by the animal while in the sea in Galway.

The woman, who goes by the name Orla, explains: “I was at the beach, and it was a beautiful day in Spiddal and as soon as I got out of the beach – right at the water’s edge – I felt my toe prick.

“By the time I got back to where we were sitting, I was limping and my toe really hurt. It got worse and worse and within about 10 minutes I was in excruciating pain.

“I soon found out it was a fever fish. What happened was, I had to be taken off the beach because I couldn’t get on and when we did, there were two women with us as we were standing at the loading dock and they realized What happened.

“They told me it was a feverish fish – which I had never heard of – so the reason I am contacting you is to raise awareness on how to get over this pain and how to soothe the feet. because it hurts unbelievably.

“The solution is to put your feet in a bucket of very hot water.”

Joe later admitted: “It happened to me and now when I go to the sea I always wear those little boots.

He described the mark left by the fish as a “small red dot” and said he thought it was “glass or something”, but then said the pain gradually moved up his leg, which he agreed with. I mean very intense.

The presenter said that a nurse advised him to “soak your feet in the hottest water you can stand” to treat the sting.

According to WaterSafety.ie, when a bather steps on a fish with a fever, its spines will stick to the human flesh and it will release the poison.

Experts say the pain is most intense in the first two hours and the feet are often red and swollen.

Video of the day

The injured area may then become numb from the irritation, and the pain usually goes away after a day but can last up to two weeks.

In rare cases, the vertebrae can break in the foot and will cause discomfort until removed. Although the sting can be very painful, it will not cause permanent damage.

However, some people may be allergic to feverish fish stings and may experience a reaction or anaphylaxis if stung.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/joe-duffy-stung-by-weever-fish-on-dublin-beach-41906984.html Joe Duffy was stung by hot fish on Dublin beach

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button