Keep dogs out of sewage in seawater in Sussex – Marc Abraham

A top veterinarian has warned of the dangers of letting dogs swim in sewage-contaminated seawater.

Veterinarian Marc Abraham, a regular on TV news programs, said owners should discourage their pets from going into the sea while raw sewage is rampant in Sussex.

Dogs can contract diseases such as gastroenteritis by directly ingesting toxic seawater or by licking their fur after swimming.

“It’s preventable by not letting your dog swim in the sea,” says Marc, who lives in the city.

“There have been cases in the news. It can cause vomiting and diarrhea and can get damn expensive for a hospital stay at around a thousand pounds or two.”

The Argus: Marc AbrahamMark Abraham

In some cases, dogs can die from gastroenteritis.

About 13 areas in Sussex were contaminated with raw sewage last week after storm drain pipes spilled into the sea.

Marc also warned of blue-green algae blooms in freshwater ponds and lakes due to recent hot weather.

He said algal blooms can also cause pets to get sick.

“It’s not nice for dogs or their owners. I would advise keeping them away from freshwater and seawater for now,” he said.

Blue-green algae can be toxic or even fatal to dogs.—marc-abraham/?ref=rss Keep dogs out of sewage in seawater in Sussex – Marc Abraham

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button