Riot Games’ League of Legends team has released more information about the upcoming games challenges systemscheduled to go live in-game on May 11 with Patch 12.9. This system brings over 300 individual challenges to the game and offers a few objectives in addition to increasing your rank and boosting the champion mastery score for those investing in MOBA.
The challenges were first announced with the 2022 season stream earlier this year, although we didn’t get many details about the feature aside from a vague description of what it was.
These challenges are designed to provide additional objectives to the game, achievable through a variety of game modes and objectives. Some of them are obtainable in-game, while others require cosmetic items to be collected outside of the game.
A small selection of upcoming challenges have been released ahead of the feature coming into play next month which can be found below:
- Pop goes to the poro: Explode a Poro in ARAM and get the title “Po Kingdom”
- Give them Shell, Shelly: Capture towers with Rift Herald (aka Shelly).
- Icon of the crack: Obtain 100 Summoner Icons and you can become Iconic
- Pile upon pile upon pile: Fully stacks Mejai’s Soulstealer 20 minutes ago
- Superior support: Complete your support quest faster than the opponents
- Nashor Slayer: Solo kill Baron Nashor and you can be the “Baron”.
- Aggressive positioning: Get multikills after flashing on an enemy and rock the Flashy title.
- wear alone: Deal 40%+ of your team’s champion damage in an ARAM
You’ll see titles mentioned a few times there, these are the rewards you can expect from completing challenges, and offer an extra bit of profile customization alongside loading screen banners and emotes.
I personally really like this supplement. After playing League of Legends for a while, it can feel like you’re stuck experimenting with other champions outside of your typical pool for no great reason. With these, there will be opportunities to have a bit of fun and go into the game with a plan aside from just winning.
That being said, I hope these are disabled in ranked modes. Look, I know there’s no harm in taking turrets with Rift Herald, but I’d appreciate it if I didn’t lose a promotion match to a Vayne flashing at the enemy team or a 0/4 fiddlestick , attempting to max out a mejais. At the moment we can only keep our fingers crossed and hope!
https://www.vg247.com/league-of-legends-challenges-coming-may-11 League of Legends challenges go into the rift on May 11th