The LEAGUE of Legends Preseason is about to begin, and Riot Games has announced the biggest changes for the year.
Tomorrow (October 4th) the Public Beta Environment starts with a pretty big update.
The focus this season is on improvements to Jungle.
Here are the five biggest changes coming to League of Legends.
The return of Chemtech Drake
Chemtech Drake is back with a new set of buffs and a whole new soul.
It appears in Summoner’s Rift and grants tenacity and healing/shield power when killed.
The new Chemtech Soul also grants you additional damage when your health is low.
This will be a primary goal in the new season, and Riot is celebrating by giving the Rift a new Chemtech-themed design.
Jungle Plants and Zaunite Chemicals will be more common here with improved effects.
Big improvements for Jungle
You no longer have to enter the jungle alone, as you can buy eggs from the in-game shop that will hatch pets.
These slowly evolve and kill monsters and gain treats.
There are three different pets to choose from:
- Noxian Embercat – An aggressive pet that deals slow and extra damage.
- Ixtali Ixmander – A tank pet that offers a shield based on your health that gives you resistance to slow and additional tenacity when broken.
- Ionian Skyskipper – A movement pet that provides additional movement speed.
Optimizations have been made to the jungle to make it more accessible to new players.
Added visual indicators for leashing, showing you how far camps can be dragged before their patience runs out.
Each champion now has a recommended path based on the routes of highly skilled players.
The updated ping wheel improves communication
Hoping to improve communication between esports teams, there are now eight pings on the ping wheel.
The four new pings are: push, all-in, hold, and bait.
There’s also a new vision-focused ping wheel that uses three pings: Vision Cleared, Enemy Vision, and Need Vision.
This gives teams more options for strategy development.
More incentive for top lane players
Adjustments have been made to allow top lane players to scale faster compared to other lane players.
These changes are listed below:
- Solo lane experience: Solo lanes now receive a 95% experience multiplier (from 93%) from minions.
- Duo Lane experience: Duo lanes now receive a 22% bonus experience multiplier (from 24.73%) from minions.
- Mid Lane Gold is changing: All mid lane spawned minions are now worth 1 less gold on last hit 14 minutes ago (previously only cannon minions were worth less gold, but were 10 less gold).
New items added and more updated
Some new items have been added for the 2023 pre-season. Here are their names:
- Icathia’s Endurance
- Radiant Virtue
- Iceborn Gauntlet
- Goliath’s Ascendiary
- Staff of Times
- Catalyst of the Aeons
- Abysmal Mask
- Aegis of the Sunfire
- Turbo Chemtank
- Randiun’s Omen
- Spear of Shojin
- Ravenous Hydra
These items will likely be tweaked during the pre-season so that they are balanced by the start of the full season.
Written by Georgina Young on behalf of GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN.
All the latest gaming tips and tricks
Looking for tips and tricks for your favorite consoles and games? We’ve got you covered…
Get all the news about PS5, Xbox and other video games here
https://www.thesun.ie/tech/9506522/league-of-legends-preseason-2023-changes/ League of Legends Preseason 2023 – the five changes that will transform esports