(as of Dec 02,2021 04:24:41 UTC – Particulars)
About This Ebook
- Design and implement scalable and easy-to-understand concurrent purposes
- Take advantage of Scala by understanding its philosophy and harnessing the facility of multicores
- Get acquainted with cutting-edge applied sciences within the area of concurrency, with a specific emphasis on sensible, real-world purposes
- Step-by-step tutorial information, which is stuffed with pragmatic examples
Who This Ebook Is For
This e book is a must have tutorial for software program builders aiming to jot down concurrent applications in Scala, or broaden their present information of concurrency.
This e book is meant for Scala programmers that don’t have any prior information about concurrent programming, in addition to these looking for to broaden their present information about concurrency. Fundamental information of the Scala programming language will likely be useful. Readers with a strong information in one other programming language, reminiscent of Java, ought to discover this e book simply accessible.
What You Will Be taught
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of concurrent programming on trendy multiprocessor methods, with a specific give attention to the JVM concurrency mannequin
- Construct high-performance concurrent methods from easy, low-level concurrency primitives
- Specific asynchrony in concurrent computations with futures and guarantees
- Seamlessly speed up sequential applications through the use of data-parallel collections
- Implement reactive and event-based applications declaratively with Rx-style occasion streams
- Design secure, scalable, and easy-to-comprehend in-memory transactional information fashions
- Transparently create distributed purposes that scale throughout a number of machines
- Select the right concurrency abstraction and combine totally different concurrency frameworks collectively in massive purposes
This e book will provide you with an perception into the very best practices vital to construct concurrent applications in Scala utilizing trendy, high-level concurrency libraries. It begins by introducing you to the foundations of concurrent programming on the JVM, outlining the fundamentals of the Java Reminiscence Mannequin, after which exhibits a few of the basic constructing blocks of concurrency, such because the atomic variables, thread swimming pools, and concurrent information constructions, together with the caveats of conventional concurrency. It then walks you thru totally different high-level concurrency abstractions, every tailor-made towards a particular class of programming duties. Lastly, the e book presents an outline of when to make use of which concurrency library and demonstrates how all of them work collectively.
Writer:Packt Publishing (November 28, 2014)
Merchandise Weight:1.38 kilos
Dimensions:7.5 x 0.83 x 9.25 inches