‘Loving’ brother, 37, dies after taking too many painkillers to treat shoulder injury

Adam Fountain was prescribed strong painkillers after suffering an epileptic seizure that dislocated his shoulder as his family paid tribute to the “real and honest” brother

Adam Fountain died after taking too many painkillers used to relieve pain caused by a dislocated shoulder
Adam Fountain, 37, was found unresponsive at his home

A ‘loving’ brother tragically died after taking too many painkillers for his injured shoulder.

Adam Fountain, 37, was found unresponsive on his sofa around 1pm by a janitor who came to fix his broken front door. DerbyshireLive reported.

He worried something was wrong as his front and back doors were both locked.

The caretaker had to break the window to gain access to the Ilkeston property and Mr Fountain was tragically identified later that day.

Adam, who was a former builders’ merchant, was unemployed for a long time after being diagnosed with epilepsy in his late 20s and also had asthma.

During an epileptic seizure, he dislocated his shoulder and was prescribed strong painkillers.







The inquiry was heard in Derby Coroner’s Court
(

Picture:

Derbyshire Live WS)

At an inquest at Derby Coroners Court on Tuesday May 31, Derby and Derbyshire County Coroner Peter Nieto said it was not possible to determine whether the lethal dose of the pills had been ingested accidentally or intentionally.

However, he reiterated that no note or suicide note was left, suggesting it was not a deliberate overdose.

Following the inquest, his family paid tribute to Mr Fountain.

They said: “Upon the news of Adam’s death, he will be deeply missed by his mother and father, Debra and David, sister Abbey, brother Richard, sister-in-law Lucy, nephews and nieces and all his family and close friends. He was loved by everyone.”

His brother Richard added: “He was great. He was caring and loving, so devoted to my children. He loved her so much and they loved him unconditionally.







The coroner stated that it was not an intentional overdose
(

Picture:

(Getty Images)

“He was the life and soul of every family gathering, making sure everyone was okay and introducing them.

“He was my idol, I always wanted to be like him. He was such a great guy. If you ever meet him you will never forget him, he was just such a perfect role model.”

In a statement read by the coroner, his mother Debra Fountain said her son, one of three children, is taking various medications to regulate epileptic seizures to “see what works” and she last saw him on October 8, 2021 had.

She said he also had regular nighttime seizures.

She said: “He woke up feeling like he had been hit by a bus, feeling weak and having no energy.

“He was very interested in films and didn’t want to interact with people. That was normal for Adam. He enjoyed his own company.

“He has not worked and has been unemployed for a number of years. He was always honest with us, he was sincere. Adam liked spending time with himself.”

GP reports said Mr Fountain at one point complained to them that he had dislocated his shoulder four times a day.

However, due to his epilepsy, he could not have surgery as he had to be seizure free for at least two months.

After he was found dead on October 11, 2021, an autopsy was performed and the medical causes of death were recorded as pneumonia and gastroaspiration (breathing in stomach contents) due to painkiller toxicity.

In her report, a pathologist said: “Blood concentration [of painkiller] is higher than would normally be indicated during therapy. Tolerance develops with regular use.

“The level of concentration is above what would be expected during prescription and within the range where fatalities are known.”

A specialist brain pathologist also said: “There are no findings in the brain of major significance that would indicate severe brain injury or a seizure.”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/loving-brother-37-dies-after-27124757 'Loving' brother, 37, dies after taking too many painkillers to treat shoulder injury

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button