THE January transfer window is OPEN and deals are being made!
SunSport can exclusively reveal Liverpool are close to a £60m deal for Porto’s Colombian winger Luis Diaz.
And there are reports that Robert Lewandowski could be open to a Premier League move this summer.
The Polish superstar is said to be ‘dreaming of Spain and the Premier League’ after almost a decade at Bayern Munich.
Meanwhile Man City are ready to offer their record goalscorer Sergio Aguero an ambassadorial role with the club, SunSport can exclusively reveal.
But the club have also been hit with a HUGE Covid-19 outbreak, with a staggering 21 positive cases.
Erling Haaland is a summer target for Real Madrid, who are confident they can land both him and Kylian Mbappe.
When does the 2022 January transfer window close?
The transfer window opened on January 1, and closes on the 31st at 11pm.
Clubs will be able to sign and sell players during that time, with the Premier League’s winter break due to take place while the final week of the window is going on.
Get all the latest transfer news, gossip and updates here…
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
FAMILY DEVASTATION Crash victim’s son watches funeral from hospital as fiance pays tributeDOUBLE DAMAGE Irish drivers slapped with double fines NEXT MONTH for breaking road ruleCOVID SURGE ‘Uncertain’ Omicron alert as Irish Covid cases soar to record 23,817 highSNOW NO Ireland braces for FOUR days of snow in Met Eireann yellow alert for January freeze
- Tripper close to Toon switchKieran Trippier’s move to Newcastle is not in doubt.That’s according to Fabrizio Romano, who says the deal has virtually been completed.All paper work has been signed between Atletico Madrid and the Toon.And Trippier’s move will be confirmed shortly.
- Rangnick not in United runningRalf Rangnick is reportedly not in the running to take the Man Utd job on a permanent basis this summer.The Star claims Brendan Rodgers, Mauricio Pochettino and Erik ten Hag are the three names on United’s shortlist.That means Rangnick is set to move into his backroom consultancy role once his interim position ends later this year.
- Exclusive by SunSport’s Dan CuttsMan Utd have offered Paul Pogba a new deal on a whopping wage of £500,000 per week.Pogba, a French World Cup winner, is wanted by Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, with old side Juventus also showing interest.SunSport understands he has not yet decided whether he will put pen to paper on fresh terms.United sources fear he will leave the club, but the new deal is around £100,000 more than Pogba is expected to get across Europe.It would make him the highest paid player in Premier League history, on a basic wage of around £400,000 a week before add-ons.
- Rudiger calm over Chelsea futureChelsea have reportedly been given a huge boost with Antonio Rudiger in no rush to strike a pre-contract agreement with foreign sides.The German will become a free agent this summer if he fails to extend his Blues deal.And there is interest from top sides including Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and PSG.But Rudiger is ready to wait before deciding his next move, giving Chelsea a chance to put together a new offer.
- Tuanzebe nearing Napoli loan moveAxel Tuanzebe has reportedly completed his medical ahead of a shock loan move to Napoli.Fabrizio Romano claims the Italians will pay £500,000 to take the Man Utd defender until the summer.But there is no option for a permanent deal at the end of the temporary spell.
- Watford exit for Danny RoseDanny Rose has reportedly been told he will not play for Watford again.Sky Sports claims the left-back has been transfer listed just six months into his two-year deal.Meanwhile, Watford have confirmed the arrival of Brazilian centre-back Samir from partner club Udinese.
- Gerrard gushes over Coutinho linksSteve Gerrard has responded to Philippe Coutinho transfer talk by branding him a ‘world class’ player.The Aston Villa boss beamed: “He’s a wonderful footballer, to share a dressing room and a pitch with Coutinho was an absolute pleasure because he is on a level that very few footballers are on.”His imagination, his creativity, some of the highlight reels are incredible and there for all to see. I think the name speaks for itself.”
- Aubameyang tipped for French movePierre-Emerick Aubameyang is being encouraged to join St. Etienne by former team-mate Bakary Sako.Sako said: “I am trying to attract him.”Wouldn’t you like to see Aubameyang back at St Etienne? We all feel the same. I am very serious when I tell him to come, even if it is in a joking tone.”I don’t know if it is possible, but I hope he will respond favourably.”It is difficult because he has been at Arsenal for a long time, it is not easy to leave London.”
- United line up Rice bidMan United have made signing a new midfielder their top priority next summer.And West Ham ace Declan Rice is their No1 target.TalkSport claims United could even be ready to break their club record transfer for the £100million-rated ace.
- Rafa ringing changes at EvertonJean-Philippe Gbamin has been told by ruthless Rafa Benitez to find a new club.The £25M midfielder, 26, has had a miserable time due to injury since his £25M arrival from Mainz in the summer of 2019.He has made just seven appearances and will either be sold or loaned out this month as Everton boss Benitez continues to try to raise cash and cut the club’s wage bill.The Spaniard has already paid £27M for full backs Nathan Patterson and Vitaliy Mikolenko since the January window opened.Left back Lucas Digne should raise at least £25M for Benitez with Newcastle, Chelsea, Inter Milan and West Ham vying for the 28 year old’s signature.
- Man City eye Gavi swoopMan City are reportedly plotting a move for Barcelona teen sensation Gavi.The 17-year-old is also thought to be a target for Man United.And El Nacional claims Gavi could end up in the Premier League because of his £41million release clause.However, the midfielder is thought to prefer remaining at Barca following Xavi’s return as manager.
- Exclusive by SunSport’s Ken LawrenceMauricio Pochettino is only awaiting the official call inviting him to become the new manager of Manchester United.So ignore any of his sweet nothings saying that he is looking forward to a great future with Paris Saint-Germain.The call will almost certainly be made before summer and there is every indication it will be taken and the offer accepted.
- Potter warns suitors off LampteyGraham Potter says Brighton must be on their guard should any of the bigger boys come calling for their stars this window.Tottenham hold a strong interest in £50million Tariq Lamptey, who is also interesting Arsenal.Potter said: “I’d expect all of our players to be with us (at the end of the window). There’s a lot of speculation out there but nothing to report.“You never know what the window brings in terms of whether anything comes from the outside, which you have to factor in, we’re open to that. “We’re not a selling club at all, we don’t have to sell anybody. But you never know in this world, so you have to be a little bit aware of that.”
- Exclusive by SunSport’s Charlie WyettWest Ham have extended Michail Antonio’s contract by another two years.The 31-year-old will now remain with David Moyes’ side until 2025.And the Hammers have also entered the race for £30million Everton left-back Lucas Digne, with Chelsea and Newcastle also keen.
- Arsenal and Barcelona eye SanchesArsenal will reportedly battle Barcelona for Portugal star Renato Sanches.French media claim the Lille star could leave for as little as £25million this month.Mikel Arteta is a long-term admirer and is keen to bring Sanches to England.But Barcelona claim they are back in business with star transfers and hope to lure Sanches to the Nou Camp instead
- United line up PSG’s IcardiMan United are reportedly plotting a shock move for PSG striker Mauro Icardi.L’Equipe claims the former Inter Milan captain will be targeted by Ralf Rangnick if United lose both Anthony Martial and Edinson Cavani this month.Icardi could be available on loan with the view to a permanent £30million switch next summer.But United may have to battle Juventus for the Argentine international’s coveted signature.
- Most valuable Premier League teamsIt’s transfer window time and clubs are readying their warchests for some mega spending.But how much they have to splash also depends on how much they have in the bank…
- Toon move for Sevilla starNewcastle have reportedly rejected a £25million bid from Newcastle for Diego Carlos.According to talkSPORT the original bid was rejected because the Spanish side are wanting at least £40million for the defender.But the Magpies are planning a fresh bid as they look to add to the imminent £12m capture of Atletico Madrid and England right-back Kieran Trippier.
- Defensive duo to leave LiverpoolJurgen Klopp is reportedly ready to offload Nathan Phillips and Neco Williams this month.The Anfield pair have struggled for minutes this term.And Sky Sports claims both look set to depart for new opportunities elsewhere.
- TWO TARGETSManchester United have prioritised Wolves star Ruben Neves and Marseille player Boubacar Kamara in their hunt for a new midfielder.That is according to Sky Sports, who claim that Kamara and Neves are United’s top targets in the January transfer window.The Red Devils have been keeping tabs on Neves since the summer and are still in contact with the Portugal international’s representative Jorge Mendes.Newcastle and Roma are also keeping tabs on Kamara, who is able to discuss terms of a pre-contract agreement
- Power sergChelsea have made the signing of Barcelona ace Sergino Dest their “number one” transfer target.That is according to Sport, who claim that Dest is now the hierarchy’s top target for the January transfer window.The USA international plays predominantly at right-back, but can also operate on the other side.And the Blues are looking for a left-back to offer cover for the injured Ben Chilwell, who has been sidelined for the rest of the seasonGETTY IMAGES
- Being FranckTottenham have joined the transfer war for AC Milan star Franck Kessie, who is also linked with Manchester United.That is according to the Evening Standard, who report that Spurs manager Antonio Conte has identified Kessie, whom he remembers from his time in Serie A with Inter Milan, as a top target.United are also immensely interested in the midfielder as he could come rather cheap because of his contract expiring in June.The north Londoners need a spark in the middle of the park following a poor start to the season
- Four realNewcastle are keeping tabs on four Arsenal aces during the January transfer window, according to Football London.Among them is out-of-favour ace Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who has been frozen out of the squad and stripped of the captain’s armband after another disciplinary issue.The Magpies are also targeting Eddie Nketiah, Rob Holding and Mohamed Elneny.The Toon have started strong this month as they are set to announce the arrival of Kieran Trippier
- LUC OUTEverton’s out-of-favour star Lucas Digne won’t join Newcastle during the January transfer window.That is according to Fabrizio Romano, who claims that Chelsea are also biding their time.Romano tweeted: “Again. Lucas Digne is not gonna join Newcastle in January, he has different plans. No way.”Chelsea are still taking time to decide on LB [left-back] situation, other Premier League clubs moving on Digne. He’s leaving Everton this winter”GETTY IMAGES
- Ed’s goneEd Woodward has stepped down as Manchester United executive vice-chairman.Woodward’s exit will take effect from February 1 and Richard Arnold is set to replace him.The 50-year-old executive announced in April he would leave his role in the wake of United’s failed bid to join the controversial European Super League.Today ends nearly nine turbulent years as the Red Devils’ most powerful executive had a fractured relationship with a large chunk of the fans