Man, 29, in critical condition after up to 10 teenagers were attacked in George’s Dock


A 29-year-old man who was the victim of a violent attack at a Luas station in the city center on Sunday night was attacked by up to 10 young men, has learned.

The victim, who is from the southern inner city of the capital, remains hospitalized in critical but stable condition tonight.

Last night there were serious concerns that he could die from the serious injuries inflicted on him, but his condition is said to have improved.

Sources say the suspect was in the area on his e-scooter when he was approached by a gang of youths who attacked him.

The incident involved up to 10 male youths, estimated to be between the ages of 15 and 18, two of whom were the main attackers.

It is understood that two suspects, not involved in the initial attack, robbed the victim’s e-scooter and fled the scene.

A motive for the attack has not yet been established, and one line in the investigation is that it was an “accidental, unprovoked attack,” according to a senior source.

The victim was hit multiple times during the attack.

Gardaí from Store Street Garda Station are investigating the brutal attack and are hoping to identify the suspects after receiving excellent video surveillance of the incident.

So far there have been no arrests and Gardaí have asked for information in the case tonight.

“Gardaí is investigating a major attack that took place on Sunday evening, April 7th.

“A man in his 20s suffered serious head injuries and was taken to Mater Misericordiae Hospital, where he is in critical condition.

“A technical investigation of the crime scene was conducted this morning.

“Gardaí appeals to anyone with information to get in touch. Gardaí are particularly keen to speak to anyone who was in and around Georges Dock/Irish Financial Services Center (IFSC) on Sunday evening 7 August 2022 between 7pm and 9.30pm.

“Anyone with information can contact Gardaí on Store Street on 01 666 8000, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111 or any Garda station,” she added.

The incident resulted in a partial shutdown of Luas services at George’s Dock on Sunday evening.

A Garda investigation into the attack resulted in the suspension of Luas Red Line service between Connolly and Point stations.

The crime scene was cordoned off this morning to allow for a technical investigation.

Red Line services resumed just before 9 a.m. Monday. Man, 29, in critical condition after up to 10 teenagers were attacked in George’s Dock

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button