Police have charged a 33-year-old man following the fatal shooting of rapper Takeoff, who was killed last month outside a bowling alley in the US city of Houston, Texas.
ouston police announced on Friday that Patrick Xavier Clark has been charged with murder in connection with Takeoff’s death.
Born Kirsnick Khari Ball, Takeoff is the youngest member of Migos, a Grammy-nominated rap trio from suburban Atlanta that also features Uncle Quavo and cousin Offset.
The 28-year-old musician was one of three people police said were shot outside a downtown bowling alley around 2:30 a.m. on November 1, when an argument broke out as about 40 people were leaving. a private party in the alley.
Police said a man and another woman suffered non-life-threatening gunshot wounds in the shooting, in which at least two people opened fire.
Houston Police Chief Troy Finner said the day after the shooting that Takeoff was “respected” and had “no reason to believe he was involved in any crime at the time.”
Migos’ record label, Quality Control, mourned Takeoff’s death in a statement posted on Instagram calling it “senseless violence”.
Fans and other performers, including Drake and Justin Bieber, honored Takeoff’s musical legacy during a memorial service last month in Atlanta.
Migos first broke out with the big hit Versace in 2013. They had four Top 10 hits on the Billboard Hot 100, though Takeoff wasn’t on their multi-week number one hit Bad and Boujee, with the starring Lil Uzi Vert.
They released a trio of albums called Culture, Culture II and Culture III, with the first two reaching number one on the Billboard 200 album chart.
Takeoff and Quavo released a joint album Only Build For Infinity Links just weeks before his death.
https://www.independent.ie/world-news/man-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-migos-rapper-takeoff-42192087.html Man accused of shooting dead rapper Migos Takeoff