He had been in hospital after reportedly jumping off the pier with another man two weeks ago.
The Argus was informed that the man’s life support was turned off last week.
The second man, believed to be a friend, has been discharged from the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Eastern Road, Brighton.
Friends should support him “in this terrible time”.
There was massive emergency surgery after the couple jumped off the pier around 7pm on Sunday 28 August.
A Sussex Police spokesman said: “Two men were taken to hospital after reportedly jumping into the sea from Brighton Palace Pier on August 28.
“One man has now sadly died from his injuries.
“His next of kin have been informed and a report will be made for HM Coroner.
“The second man was discharged from the hospital.”
Police files show the man died on September 7.
Two Sea Council officials swam about 300 meters and found one man unconscious and face down in the water while another was unresponsive, shaking and clinging to a lifebelt under the pier.
A witness said one of the men was given CPR for “30 minutes” while a large crowd looked on.
Another person described the aftermath of the incident as something out of a “horror movie.”
One man, named just Daniel, said the experience was “surreal”.
“A very shocking experience,” he said.
“Kids were still jumping up and down while a huge scene was taking place.
“It was like something out of a horror movie.
“There was a lot of police, ambulances, there was a helicopter.
“There were a lot of police cars, sirens all around the pier.
“People got excited.
“100 people or more watched.
“It was very surreal.
“There were a lot of people screaming and a lot of little kids scared.
“It was very distressing.”
Brighton and Hove City Council has since warned of the dangers of jumping off the pier
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/21324259.man-confirmed-dead-jumping-off-brighton-palace-pier/?ref=rss Man confirmed dead after jumping off Brighton Palace Pier