Man dies six weeks after attack in Brighton – two arrested

TWO men have been arrested after the sudden death of a 44-year-old man six weeks after he was attacked.

Anthony Barrigan died unexpectedly on August 1 and detectives are investigating whether his death was linked to the earlier Brighton attack.

Officers were called to a delivery bay on Windsor Street around 10.30pm on June 18 following reports of an attack on Anthony and a woman he was with.

Anthony suffered serious injuries and was taken to the hospital. He was later released and transferred to Birmingham to continue his recovery but died six weeks later.

Investigations are ongoing to determine if the injuries Anthony sustained contributed to his death.

Two men, 30 and 50, were arrested after the attack on suspicion of serious bodily harm and released as part of the investigation.

They have now been arrested again on suspicion of manslaughter and remain in custody.

Chief Investigating Officer DCI Simon Dunn said: “Our thoughts are with Anthony’s family and friends at this difficult time.

“His death was sudden and unexpected and we are working hard to determine if it is a result of the injuries he sustained in the attack six weeks earlier.

“The public can expect an increased police presence in the Windsor Street area while we conduct further investigations.

“If you have any concerns, questions, or information that may assist our investigation, please speak to an officer or call 101.”

Officers would like to speak to anyone who witnessed the attack and in particular two people who are believed to have spoken to Anthony and the female victim shortly before the attack and reported their concerns to Sussex Police.

Anyone with information or who has recorded relevant cellphone, CCTV or doorbell footage from nearby areas is asked to contact police online or by calling 101 quoting Operation Eastern.

Alternatively, information can be passed anonymously to the police via the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.—two-arrested/?ref=rss Man dies six weeks after attack in Brighton – two arrested

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button