TOWIE star Mark Wright has dismissed reports he was “banned” from ITV after allegedly pulling out of upcoming sports reality show The Games at the last minute – via text
Video not available
Mark Wright has broken his silence after it was claimed he was sacked by ITV after leaving new show The Games.
It was reported that the 35-year-old TOWIE star had told producers he didn’t want to be on the sports reality program at the last minute – via text message.
However, the Heart FM DJ thinks nothing could be further from the truth.
Responding to the story on Instagram, Mark wrote: “I have refrained from commenting on this nonsense story for over a week because it is nonsense and there are many much more important stories in the world to worry about.
“Because it keeps repeating, here’s my comment. I’m not locked out of ITV at all, in fact I’m doing a show for ITV in three months.
“The show that ‘I quit’ hadn’t even signed a deal yet!
“I ‘called’ the producer and didn’t text her to say I had a change of heart on the show because I realized I already had too many other commitments to make it work.
“The media that wrote this is not to blame. You can only believe what the person who dreamed it up tells you.”
Dave J Hogan/Getty Images)
Mark, who runs his own fitness app with his brother Josh, was set to take part in the new show, which will be hosted by Holly Willoughby and Freddie Flintoff.
He was reportedly in Manchester on February 15 with Corrie’s Colson Smith, who is also attending, to assess his fitness and attend the day of filming.
However, a source said The sun last month: “He [Mark] was in high spirits that day in Manchester but seemed to have had a change of heart the next morning.
“Mark’s excuse was that he would basically be too busy to commit, which some find utter disbelief as he was already committed to filming.
“Those working on the show aren’t sure which is harder to swallow, the fact that he dropped out at the last minute or the fact that he chose to text instead of call in the first instance .”
The games, which will put celebrities through their paces in a range of sporting challenges, are expected to be broadcast on ITV later this year after being postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Do you have a story to sell? Contact us at email@example.com or call us directly on 0207 29 33033.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mark-wright-breaks-silence-claims-26389170 Mark Wright breaks silence on claims he's been sacked from ITV after "quitting" the show