Fancy a Big Mac? Longing for a Nando’s? Sometimes nothing beats a fast food feast.
Sometimes, after a long day at work or a relaxing day at home, the idea of cooking can be terrifying for Brits.
Brits spend £1,000 a year on takeaways, which cost an average of £80 a month, according to research – and that was before the pandemic.
Food tastes even sweeter when it’s free or cheaper, and according to financial experts at Ocean Finance, hassle-free meals don’t have to break the bank.
They’ve shared some of their favorite fast food menu hacks for some of the UK’s most popular takeaways.
- On a cheeky date? If you order both meals with fries, swap them out for a large portion as it has 20% more fries than two regular portions.
- Butterfly chicken, your favorite? Swap it for half a chicken and it’s 50p cheaper (£7.75 vs £8.25) and you get more chicken.
- Create your own PERinaise. If your local Nando’s has plain mayonnaise, add peri salt and save 60p a pot.
- Will two of you each order half a chicken and two regular sides? A ‘full plate’ (a whole chicken, 2 large or 4 regular fries) costs £21.95, while two individual meals (half a chicken and two sides) cost £23.50 – a saving of £1.55 for exactly corresponds to the same food.
- Nando’s is offering a 20% discount (up to £20). to all police, fire, ambulance and NHS staff. You just need to show your photo card ID before ordering.
- Is a £3.19 McChicken sandwich your top choice? Try the Saver Menu 99p Mayo Chicken – it’s the same ingredients but with a slightly smaller chicken portion. For less than a third of the price you could have two mayo chicken burgers and eat quiet Save money.
- You can make your own Big Mac for half the price. Order a double cheeseburger instead and swap the existing sauce for Big Mac sauce and shredded lettuce. The flavor is pretty similar but without the extra bread in the middle. If they don’t give you Big Mac sauce, mustard and mayonnaise are good alternatives.
- Did you know you can ask for extra McFlurry toppings for just 20p?
- To get a meal fresh off the grill, ask for a burger that’s missing something (cucumber, sauce, tomato) or unsalted fries.
- For a half-price Big Mac (and other offers), check your receipt from your last visit. McDonald’s has the opportunity to take an online survey and receive a discount on your next order – including 50% off a Big Mac.
- You can order the awkwardly named Suicide Burger, a menu special that includes 4x beef patties, 4x slices of cheese, bacon, and a secret special sauce. Not for the faint of heart, that’s a lot of food.
- Did you know you can order a box of half onion rings and half fries? This makes it easier to choose between the two.
- The £3.99 Double Bacon Cheeseburger can be replicated for £2.47 – a saving of £1.52. Just order a double cheeseburger from the King Saver menu (£1.49) and add two sides of bacon (98p).
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/national/uk-today/23214081.mcdonalds-nandos—tips-save-next-takeaway/?ref=rss McDonald’s, Nando’s and more – tips to save on your next takeout