THE Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Sussex.
The warning will come into effect from midnight and will remain in effect until 3 p.m. tomorrow (25 August).
And the National Weather Service has warned of possible disruption from thunderstorms and heavy rain.
View rain, clouds, wind and temperatures for your area on Thursday pic.twitter.com/mHBEPw3d2T
— Met Office (@metoffice) August 24, 2022
What to expect, according to the Met Office
- There is a good chance that spray, standing water and/or hail will affect driving conditions, resulting in longer travel times by car and bus
- Train delays are possible
- A brief outage of power and other services is likely
- Possibly some damage to some buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- Some homes and businesses are likely to be flooded, causing some damage to buildings or structures
https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/20744562.met-office-issues-yellow-weather-warning-sussex/?ref=rss Met Office issues yellow weather warning for Sussex