Starting your day with a hearty breakfast is important to your health, but if you’re on a diet, finding delicious yet healthy breakfast items can be difficult. Dr. Michael Mosley recommends eggs for breakfast – here’s why
Video not available
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and there are always plenty of options available to you.
Back in 2019, Dr. Mosley talked about the benefits of eating just 800 calories a day for quick weight loss and how making eggs – a filling – part of your life diet can help you consume fewer calories.
Here’s what you need to know about eating eggs for breakfast, as well as an easy recipe to try.
Why should we eat eggs for breakfast?
Getty Images / iStockphoto)
Dr. Mosley’s weight loss plan aims to keep your daily calorie intake at 800 for a minimum of three weeks and a maximum of 12.
Breaking down what 800 calories would look like in three meals a day, he says: “For breakfast, I have eggs and asparagus, I’m a big fan of eggs, eggs fill you up.
“You can have scrambled eggs, hard-boiled eggs, however, you want them. Sometimes I eat eggs with ham or a bit of salmon. “
In addition to eggs, he adds that drinking “lots and lots of fluids” is important when following a low-calorie diet to stay hydrated – because we absorb a lot of water from food.
He advises that we should avoid toast as well as starchy carbs, but rest assured that there are still good reasons to eat carbs.
“I don’t recommend low-carb eating,” he explains. “All vegetables are carbs, but they’re healthy carbs.”
Breakfast recipe with eggs
There are several breakfast recipes on the Fast 800 website that include eggs. A simple recipe is avocado and Mexican baked eggs. Here are the ingredients you need and how to prepare:
Half an avocado is pitted
A free large egg
30g cherry tomatoes, halved
Chopped fresh coriander
1/4 purple onion, diced
1/4 lemon, juice
20g feta cheese, crumbled
This is an easy and quick recipe that takes 10 minutes to prepare and 15 to cook. It serves one person and has 279 calories per serving.
About this breakfast recipe, Dr. Mosley said: “It’s packed with protein and healthy fats, which will help you start your day feeling satisfied and keep you energized until lunch. “
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Scoop half an avocado to make room for the egg. Keep an extra avocado for the salsa.
- Crack the eggs into a cup, keeping the yolks intact.
- Place avocado halves in a baking dish, lying along the edge so the butter doesn’t flip.
- Gently scoop the egg yolk into the avocado hole, adding as many whites as you like. Then place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake until the eggs are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, assemble the salsa. Combine tomatoes, coriander (cilantro), onion, lime juice, feta cheese, and leftover avocado pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the avocado toast is ready, top it with salsa and serve.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/dieting/michael-mosleys-diet-claims-you-26296027 Michael Mosley's diet claims you should eat eggs for breakfast to lose weight 'quickly'