News

Military-style operation to take Queen to Philip memorial ‘without being seen in a wheelchair’

Within the military operation reportedly planned to take the Queen to Prince Philip’s memorial in Westminster Abbey – as “the Queen understandably does not want to be seen in a wheelchair”.

blank
Video is loading

Video not available

Queen welcomes Canadian Prime Minister to first in-person audience since catching Covid

A two-metre-high privacy screen, a helicopter and a football tunnel could all be used in a military operation to take the Queen to Prince Philip’s memorial while protecting her privacy, they say.

The 95-year-old monarch is said to be determined to attend the memorial service for her late husband, who died in April aged 99, despite the event at Westminster Abbey coming at a time she has been forced to move recently from multiple engagements.

One of them was Monday’s Commonwealth Day service, also at the Abbey, with the decision to cancel her performance related to her “convenience” of making the 26-mile journey from Windsor Castle to London and attending the event survive, and not with a specific disease.

The 95-year-old monarch has been dealing with increasing mobility issues in recent months, leaving her struggling to get around “on certain days”, according to palace sources.

Share your thoughts on the plan in the comments section







The Queen met the new Secretary of Defense Major General Eldon Millar during a personal audience at Windsor Castle on 16 February
(

Image:

POOL/AFP via Getty Images)







Her Majesty with a walking stick in October 2021
(

Image:

(Getty Images)

And now The sun Buckingham Palace officials are reportedly considering a variety of surgeries to get her into the Abbey – and preventing photographers from taking a picture.

Sources told how senior palace aides are considering taking the Queen to Buckingham Palace by helicopter from Windsor Castle.

The helicopter ride took just 15 minutes and staff then drove the monarch the short distance from the Palace to the Abbey and cordoned off the entire Dean’s Yard to prevent anyone approaching before parking the car by a side door.







Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip were married for more than 70 years
(

Image:

POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

Although she was up for personal appointments in Windsor just last week, it is reported that her closest associates are concerned at the prospect of Her Majesty walking the 100 meters from the Abbey entrance to her seat.

Sources told the Sun that options such as two-metre-high privacy screens or a football-style tunnel are being considered to prevent photographers from snapping a shot of the Queen getting out of the car.

The Queen is believed to be determined to go further and is believed to have scrapped the idea of ​​using a wheelchair.







The Queen’s sister, Princess Margaret, was pictured in a wheelchair in 2001
(

Image:

PA)







Princess Margaret leaves Westminster Abbey in September 2001
(

Image:

press association)

But it is reported that the option was considered by her aides-de-camp to allow her to move around the abbey comfortably – with the aging queen being taken to her place in the sanctuary at Poets’ Corner before a short walk.

Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty Magazine, told the newspaper: “Understandably, the Queen does not want to be seen in a wheelchair.

“But as a head of state and someone who wants to be seen and needs to be seen, she could do without a wheelchair. The best way to do this is to make sure no photos are taken.”







The Queen has had some mobility issues these days
(

Image:

(Getty Images)

She added: “She would really hate to miss it. It’s a headache for their employees as it would be difficult for anyone their age who suffers from mobility issues. It would be a painful process for them.”

Another option under consideration is to have the Queen ready in her seat before the rest of the audience arrives for the memorial ceremony, and for the sake of her convenience, forego the tradition of the monarch arriving last.

A source told the Sun that t The Queen has told her staff that she does not want to use a wheelchair.







The Queen stood during the February audience but held a walking stick
(

Image:

PA)







Her Majesty in 2019, dwarfed by security personnel
(

Image:

(Getty Images)

Get all the royal news you want straight to your inbox. Register for one of the Spiegel newsletters

However, she has agreed to receive help to enter through the abbey’s side entrance quickly enough.

There, they said, she can privately exit the car with her walking stick while “ Efforts are being made to keep photographers away.”

They add: “If she needs the wheelchair, it has to be behind screens or once she’s in the side entrance.”

In the meantime, television stations are being asked to be considerate in their reporting.

The source added that the aides believe this is the only way the Queen can get into the abbey and that the process should take place outside of the public eye.

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/military-style-op-queen-philip-26511059 Military-style operation to take Queen to Philip memorial 'without being seen in a wheelchair'

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button