Millionaire who crashed a brand new Ferrari while exceeding the drinking limit faces a hefty court bill after appeal was dismissed


A multi-millionaire who crashed his brand-new Ferrari at double the legal limit faces a hefty court bill after his appeal was dismissed.

Christopher Walsh is also facing a possible police investigation into allegations that he committed perjury on the witness stand while attempting to clear his name.

It has been almost seven years since the multimillionaire real estate developer lost control of his €175,000 Ferrari California T on Belfast Road in Holywood.

He crashed into two parked cars and then fled the scene, knowing he was well over the alcohol limit.

The judge dismissed his appeal in Belfast last week and slammed the 48-year-old, branding him a “completely incredible witness” and that he would not “believe” a word of his story.

Walsh had tried to drop the case, arguing there was an abuse of procedure.

But Judge Richard Greene QC had none of it, saying: “I completely dismiss all allegations of impropriety by the prosecution.”

Accordingly, Walsh was again convicted of driving with excessive consumption of alcohol, negligent driving, not stopping at the scene of an accident and not staying at the scene of an accident.

Prosecutors said they would seek recoveries from him.

It was a warm and sunny Saturday afternoon when Walsh, more than double the legal alcohol limit, folded the top of his red Ferrari and drove to Holywood for a barbecue at his partner’s house.

However, when he went off the road and lost control on a slight incline and right-hand bend.

After crashing into two cars and the force of the impact shearing off the front passenger wheel, Walsh fled the scene.

He tried to hide in bushes on the grounds of the Council for Catholic Maintained Schools (CCMS).

However, he was followed by a witness and an off-duty police officer. The police officer said when he tried to help him stand up he was unsteady on his feet and his breath had a “strong odor of intoxicating alcohol”.

He was arrested for being unfit to drive and taken to the PSNI station in Bangor, where he initially refused to provide a conclusive sample. When he finally did, he was found to be more than double the legal limit.

On his appeal, Walsh said the “last straw” for him was when a resident came out to take photos of the accident site, in what he believed to be “to try and do some bobs.”

After trying unsuccessfully to get the top of his convertible back up, he decided to just walk away.

He claimed he downed a quarter bottle of vodka in “three or four gulps” while walking through the bushes at the CCMS.

Walsh will be back in court in two weeks.

He has been charged and denies allegations that he was unfit, driving without a license and without insurance on Malone Road in May this year.

It is also alleged that he twice refused to provide a sample when police investigated him for driving with excessive alcohol. Millionaire who crashed a brand new Ferrari while exceeding the drinking limit faces a hefty court bill after appeal was dismissed

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button