Mom’s warning about the dishwasher or washing machine running the night after the house burns down

Kerry Charnley suffered a ‘devastating house fire’ after turning on the dishwasher and leaving the house. She is now urging others not to make the same mistake

It is common practice to leave devices running at night to take advantage of cheaper electricity rates
It is common practice to leave devices running at night to take advantage of cheaper electricity rates

A heartbroken mother warned others not to leave their devices on at night after a wildfire ripped through her home and destroyed “everything”.

Share her story in the popular Facebook group TIPS AND IDEAS FOR THE FAMILY She explained that the only reason the bug wasn’t fatal was because she wasn’t home at the time.

Kerry Charnley also released images showing the destruction and urged anyone running washing machines, dishwashers or tumble dryers at night to take advantage of the cheaper rates to stop.

Kerry wrote, “In 2012 we suffered a devastating house fire where we lost everything because I foolishly turned on the dishwasher and left the house.”

“I have attached two pictures of our kitchen, one from the outside and one from the inside.”







Image shows the devastation after the equipment fire
(

Picture:

TIPS & IDEAS FOR THE FAMILY)







Her house was destroyed after she made a simple mistake
(

Picture:

TIPS & IDEAS FOR THE FAMILY)

She continued: “The whole house was destroyed along with all our belongings.

“No one was hurt and as it was a beautiful May morning we went to school and took the dog with us, otherwise she would have been in the kitchen.

“Please don’t be complacent and think that this will never happen to you. Kitchen appliances are responsible for 15,000 home fires a year.”

She also shared how others can check the security of their devices.

She added: “There is a charity that provides information on recalled items. Please verify that your devices are included in this incredibly large database and contact the manufacturer if they are.”

“I can’t paste a link, so please search for Electrical Safety first.”







Most modern homes are equipped with all sorts of gadgets
(

Picture:

(Getty Images)

The post was flooded with comments from other users of the group thanking Kerry for raising awareness, they reported The sun.

One user wrote: “I work for a claims firm and the number of fires we’re seeing due to washing machines/dishwashers (and tumble dryers) is scary. I never wear mine when we’re not in bed.”

A second commented: “Thanks for posting. How terrible for you all. I always turn my tumble dryer off but wasn’t aware that the washing machine posed a risk – stupid I know since it’s plugged into the mains but I figured it was safe!

I think you definitely saved some fires with the post!”

Continue reading

Continue reading

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-warning-over-running-dishwasher-27234523 Mom's warning about the dishwasher or washing machine running the night after the house burns down

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button