‘Monstrous’ couple cut open friend’s body as he slept in gruesome attack


A couple carried out a “monstrous” attack in which they cut open a man’s body so he could see his entrails and said they would remove his heart, a court heard.

Jon Hamblin and Jessica Whinham have been found guilty of attempted murder after they cut up Paul Binks as he slept in a horrific ordeal, he reported ChronicleLive.

Mr Binks woke up at Whinham’s North Shields flat to find his guts sticking out and said he was then throttled with a phone charger before being placed in a bath while being told he was going to drown, heard the Newcastle Crown Court.

He was eventually allowed to leave and went home bleeding heavily in the early hours of the morning to a shocked couple who tried to help him before an ambulance arrived.

Mr Binks was apparently attacked for telling Hamblin a rumor that porn model Whinham was a “weed”, which he did to warn him to be careful.

Jon Hamblin, pictured, was remanded in custody with Jessica Whinham ahead of sentencing


Newcastle Chronicle WS)

Hamblin, Stirling Drive, north shields and Whinham of Stanley Street West, North Shields, were both found guilty of attempted murder, taking the jury just half an hour to convict them.

They were remanded in custody and warned they could face significant prison terms once the pre-conviction reports were completed.

After the hearing, Acting Detective Chief Inspector Jill Hall said: “Hamblin and Whinham’s treatment of their victim was inhuman – it was a monstrous assault on a man who believed he was safe and secure in the company of friends.

“I want to thank the victim for his courage. No amount of jail time will ever ease the pain of what happened, but I hope this guilty verdict will bring him some comfort, knowing his attackers have been brought to justice and will be held accountable for their heinous acts.

“Thanks also to the couple who took the victim in his hour of need and assisted him until paramedics arrived. The victim saw the very worst in humanity that day, but also saw some of the very best as these strangers rushed to his aid.”

The court heard that 41-year-old Hamblin was staying with 20-year-old Whinham and Mr Binks, who is in his 30s, spent about two weeks with them drinking and using drugs for about two weeks before the attack last September.

Mr Binks told police he left the home on the night of September 10 to buy drugs and when he told his dealer he lived at Whinham’s home, the dealer told him she was “a weed and had got guys into trouble in the past for things that have not been proven”.

It took a jury at Newcastle Crown Court just an hour and a half to find the couple guilty


Newcastle Chronicle)

At Whinham’s home, Mr Binks told Hamblin to warn him, but prosecutors said it caused “mortal insults and provoked a wild and cowardly reaction”.

Hamblin and Whinham told Mr Binks they were going to bed and he thinks he fell asleep on a sofa.

He then remembers stumbling around on the floor, confused and weak.

“I said ‘what’s up, why am I on the floor’. Jon said, ‘You were stabbed. I was confused. I said ‘Who stabbed me’ and he said ‘Fuck me, I cut your frigging heart out, you’re going to die,'” Mr Binks said.

“I looked down and pulled up my top and there was a tube, my bowels. I tried to push it back in. I remember he tried to go for my throat and I raised my hand. He was standing over me with a knife, I couldn’t understand it. i thought i was dreaming I started to think that I’m badly injured here. I was bleeding profusely.

“Jess cleaned up the blood. It was some meat. I thought it was my liver. I was in a dream-like state. It was so surreal.

“Jess took the piece of meat from me and put it in the bucket. Jess said, ‘We got your heart out, it’s screwed’.”

He continued: “I had no strength at all, my guts were hanging out. I think I went into survival mode. I remember thinking ‘I’m not dying here, I have to survive’.”

Mr Binks claimed Whinham said: “It’s over, it’s over, you’re dead, it’s over, you’re dead.”

He added: “I honestly thought he was going to kill me. I could see another man there, not the Jon I had known.”

He said Hamblin tried to slash him again and he said, “No, no, no, how are you?”

He added, “I remember thinking he’s going to kill me” and “I’m dying,” while claiming Whinham “didn’t seem bothered at all” and cleaned up. At one point, she reportedly said, “Aye, that’s what you get for calling me a weed.”

Mr Binks said Whinham even “tried to tease me” by putting on music and saying it was the last songs he would hear.

Whinham reportedly said, “You’re gone, no one will see you again.”

Mr Binks explained: “My family was on my mind. I started thinking, ‘You’re dying, that’s it, that’s how it happens.'” He continued, “I can’t imagine the level of violence.”

He said Hamblin then put a phone charger around his neck and tightened it with his foot on his back to the point where he could hear it creaking, then put him in the bath.

“Jon put on hot water and said he was going to drown me. I said, “No, no, don’t drown me,” that’s one of my worst fears. I said just stab me. He said: “It’s a dead peaceful man, you’ll be fine, you’re going to die anyway, you might as well have a peaceful death,” Mr Binks said.

Then Whinham allegedly complained that their petrol was “wasted on you” by using hot water and swapped it for the cold water tap, but Mr Binks unplugged and begged for his life, saying he didn’t want to die .

He said Hamblin told him he was “basically dead already” and that he was “going to chop me up and place me all over North Tyneside”.

After promising not to tell anyone what they had done, he was finally told he could leave.

Mr Binks said: “I was gargling and spitting up blood. I asked him to help me up. He said I couldn’t leave unless I got myself out of the bathroom.”

He said a rush of adrenaline helped him get out and he “held my guts” to keep them in his body.

Mr Binks suffered seven separate knife wounds, including to his ear, chest, back and arm, and one of them had penetrated his liver.

He also had a compression injury to his neck related to the charging cable being used as a ligature. The ambulance arrived and he had no pulse on the way to the hospital. 'Monstrous' couple cut open friend's body as he slept in gruesome attack

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button