News

Mother, 42, dies in tragic garden furniture accident while celebrating bonding

A court inquest by coroner Hull heard how a neighbor had seen Sarah Fullard the day of her death propping up a couch and she sounded “delighted that she tried to put it on myself”

Sarah Fullard is described as having a passion for life
Sarah Fullard is described as having a passion for life

A mother of two has died after tripping over garden furniture while enjoying fine weather, an inquest has heard.

Sarah Fullard celebrated some garden fixtures with a few drinks at her home in Hull last June 3.

Neighbor says: Hull Daily Mail reported.

An inquest in court by coroner Hull revealed how Sarah must have tripped after getting up and was momentarily unconscious after falling on a coffee table in the courtyard.

Her position after the fall meant that she could not breathe and died of suffocation.

There is no suggestion that Sarah drank heavily and there is evidence that she prepared the meal and carefully stashed it that evening, the inquest heard.

Jenny’s mother said: ‘We cannot put into words how much we love and miss Sarah. We are extremely proud of her.

“Sarah is a happy and healthy girl who loves to sing and dance.

“She was very smart and never had a hard time at school and had a lot of friends. She loves performing arts and always tries for herself.

“She’s also good at gymnastics and even competes in skiing. She’s also into cars and motorcycles.”

Sarah, who is interested in travel and tourism and took a course at Hull College, was in a relationship with a childhood sweetheart, but that ended and she met someone else.

They planned to get married but Sarah was pregnant with their first son. They had another son but then abruptly split, the inquest heard.

Jenny said: “Sarah is an amazing mom and she always cooks healthy meals from the get go.

“We are truly proud of how she raised her intelligent and loving sons. She and her partner broke up suddenly and her world fell apart. But they went ahead and remained friendly for the sake of children.

“Her life was completely normal until she passed away.

“She had been planning to go on holiday to Cornwall and was looking forward to it but it had to be cancelled. She will be there during the weeks that she dies. “






Her position after the fall meant that she could not breathe and died of suffocation.

The inquest heard that a neighbor saw Sarah earlier that day to prop up a couch and that she seemed “excited to have managed to prop it up on her own”.

He described her as “fun” and only then he looked over the fence and saw her slumped over the coffee table. He immediately dialed 999.

An autopsy revealed that Sarah was moderately to severely intoxicated, but that was not the cause of her death.

The amount of alcohol she was drinking would have put her at greater risk of a fall, but it was not to toxic levels, the investigation said.

Given evidence at the inquest, Dr Ian Richmond concluded the position she ended up in left her unable to breathe.

He said Sarah died of “postural asphyxia”.

He also noted that her liver was in good condition, indicating that she had never been heavily alcoholic.

There were a few slash marks on his face but no head or brain injuries.

Area Coroner Lorraine Harris made it clear that she did not believe alcohol was the main cause of Sarah’s death.

She said: “Sarah was described as cheerful and her alcohol level suggested she was at higher risk of falling but it did not directly contribute to her death.

“She’s still going about her job, cooking a meal and cleaning, which shows to me that she’s nothing more than fun.

“She was simply doing what many of us do and that is having a few drinks in the safety of her home.

“She seemed to have gotten up at some point and tripped over her coffee table. She hit the ground so hard she couldn’t breathe and suffocated.”

Concluding Sarah’s death was an accident, Ms. Harris expressed her deep heartache at her sudden death.

“This was an absolutely tragic accident,” she said.

“This is something we all do, sitting in the garden enjoying a drink. She was proud of herself that day for putting together some garden furniture and felt she had earned a drink and an opportunity to relax.”

Ms. Harris also paid tribute to Sarah. She said Sarah was clearly loved by many.

Speaking to Sarah’s family, who attended the inquest, she said: “I understand you all are a close family. Today it shows a lovely woman Sarah.

“She has a passion for life and accepts any challenge. She is a great role model for her children.

“Losing her in this way must have been a real challenge and she left a huge void in the family.

“I hope during that time you will not only think about the circumstances surrounding her death but also about the wonderful memories.

“I hope you will remember her laugh and how good she made you all feel. She is loved by many and adores everyone around her. ”

Read more

Read more

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mum-42-died-tragic-garden-26497769 Mother, 42, dies in tragic garden furniture accident while celebrating bonding

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button