Gérard Depardieu’s failed attempt to charge him with rape and sexual assault is dismissed in a Paris court
Gérard Depardieu’s failed attempt to bring rape and sexual assault charges against him was dismissed in a Paris court.
A judge ruled that there was “serious or appropriate indication” that Depardieu he attacked Charlotte Arnould, who waives her legal right to anonymity.
The 73-year-old French-Russian film star was accused by the 33-year-old actor of assaulting her and posted on Twitter late last year: “I was raped by Gérard Depardieu.”
She made her allegations public for a year until the day Depardieu was charged, in December 2020, with allegedly assaulting her at his home in Paris in August 2018.
Ms. Arnould, who includes ‘The Art of Crime’ among her acting credits, added: “I am a victim of Depardieu. He has been prosecuted for more than a year. I cannot be silent. more.”
Depardieu has staunchly denied any wrongdoing and his legal team has filed a request to end the entire investigation.
AFP via Getty Images)
Rémy Heitz, Attorney General of Paris, said Depardieu was still charged with “rape and sexual assault”.
In a statement, Mr Heitz wrote: “Therefore, the coroner considers that there are serious or appropriate indications at this stage that Gérard Depardieu remains indicted.”
Ms Arnould’s lawyer, Carine Durrieu-Diebolt, said: “My client is particularly relieved and confident that justice has been served today.”
The lawyer also added that there is compelling evidence that Depardieu “actually committed the acts of sexual assault and rape for which he is accused.”
Depardieu’s attorney, Hervé Temime, has not yet commented on the results.
AFP via Getty Images)
Ma Arnould alleges to police that Depardieu raped and sexually assaulted her twice.
She claims that the assaults took place in the movie star’s £45m mansion, where she visited him because she was a family friend and that Depardieu would give her advice on her acting career. her output.
The investigation into the allegations began in September 2018 and CCTV was retrieved from Depardieu’s villa on the Left Bank of Paris during a nine-month investigation.
Ms Arnould alleges that on 7 August 2018, Depardieu raped her for the first time and that footage taken from the house shows the pair sitting and talking before filming the sex scene.
Police were told by Ms Arnould that she was “sick and confused” about what had happened and was “in a state of denial” when she returned to Depardieu’s home on August 13, when a second rape occurred. two are said to have occurred.
An investigative source said: “It wasn’t until two weeks later that she told her mother what had happened, and then she went to the police.”
An initial investigation, which included a joint hearing on Depardieu and his alleged victim, was dropped by Paris prosecutors on June 4, 2019 because of a lack of evidence.
Ms. Arnould then filed a second complaint in August 2020, which resulted in Depardieu’s indictment.
Do you have a story to sell? Contact us email@example.com call us directly 0207 29 33033.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/film-star-gerard-depardieu-fails-26437698 Movie star Gerard Depardieu not getting rape allegation against him fired