Gardai confirmed that murder victim Michael Tormey had been at a party earlier on Saturday night – but denied that he was involved in a brawl at the facility or that the event was related. to his death.
Director Tony Twomey said the father of two children was killed in a “callous attack” as investigators issued a call for information about the brutal murder.
Speaking outside Ballyfermot Garda station, the senior official confirmed that the 49-year-old victim was fatally shot while his wife and one of his daughters were in the house on Thomond Road at the time.
He urged anyone with information to come, especially those in the area between 3:30am and 5am.
He also asked anyone with CCTV or dash cam footage to contact gardai.
Supt Twomey said: “We have a full investigative team assigned to this and we are pleased that will establish the motive over time.
“We are pleased that Mr. Tormey was not involved in the crime.
“We have 20 officers working on the case and the investigation team is making progress.
“We have yet to determine whether more than one person encountered Mr Tormey on his doorstep or the getaway car, if any, was used.”
Supt Twomeny added: “I am aware of the concerns within the Ballyfermot community and I would like to assure you that the necessary policy response through investigation and proactive policymaking will be provided to alleviate concerns of the Ballyfermot community. surname.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ballyfermot Garda Station at 666-7200, Garda Confidential Line at 1800-666-111, or any Garda station.
https://www.thesun.ie/news/irish-news/8184302/murder-victim-michael-tormey-party-fight-death/ Murder victim Michael Tormey attended the party the night he died but didn’t take part in the series, gardai says