Murdered father-of-two says ‘tell my children I love them’ while taking his last breath

blank

A father of two who was stabbed in the heart by a teenager says he wants his children to know that he loves them until his last breath.

Father Connor Dockerty was repeatedly stabbed by the 14-year-old boy, who is now locked up, with a knife repeatedly. Echoes of Liverpool report.

The killer, now 15 and unnamed for legal reasons, was sentenced to life in prison. He will serve a minimum of 14 years behind bars after killing the 23-year-old.

Mr Dockerty had staggered into a garden in Huyton, Liverpool, bleeding from four stab wounds, Liverpool Crown Court said.

Despite medical efforts, the father’s life could not be saved.







Connor Dockerty was stabbed repeatedly in the heart in Kingsway, Huyton
(

Image:

Echoes of Liverpool)

Tania Griffiths, QC, prosecutor, said: “His last words, ‘I’m dying – tell my children I love them’, showed that even in the agony of death, His thoughts are about others and not himself, his main aim is to seek to comfort his children and those who love him.”

The publication requested the lifting of reporting restrictions so that murderers could be named, in the interest of public justice and to prevent knife crime from continuing on our streets.

But the boy’s lawyers argued that the boy’s anonymity should be upheld, supported by Merseyside Police, which cited a series of vigilante attacks on boy A’s family and relationships constant concern for his and their safety, is reason to object to our application.







Memorial flowers are left for the young father who died after the street attack
(

Image:

Echoes of Liverpool)

Judge Neil Flewitt, QC, ruled that the “public interest” was “superior” by Boy A’s “necessity to protect the welfare”. He said this kept in mind the “safety of those in need” closest person” and “in the public interest in maintaining good order in the wider community”.

Boy A, who was riding a red mountain bike, attacked Mr Dockerty in Kingsway, near Oak Tree Pub, at around 8pm on Monday, April 19 last year. The teenager, from Huyton, was found guilty of murder in December, after a six-week trial.

Prosecutors allege a second teen, Boy B, orchestrated a “revenge” attack, after Dockerty had previously insulted his girlfriend by “calling nasty names”. Boy B, then 15 but now 16, said he had no idea boy A had a knife and insisted there was no general plan to attack Mr. He was not found guilty of murder.

Neither the jury in December, nor the jury at last month’s retrial, could reach a verdict of manslaughter against Boy B. That means he was acquitted and not had to walk out of court, after prosecutors decided not to seek a third trial and recommended no evidence.







23 years old stabbed in the heart by a guy jailed for life
(

Image:

Echoes of Liverpool)

Trials showed Mr Dockerty rode his bike outside and plowed past three girls, including Boy B’s girlfriend, on a narrow sidewalk at Liverpool Road. Prosecutors said the young father pushed Boy B’s girlfriend into the street or threatened her, but she was not injured.

Phone records show she called her boyfriend at 7:50 p.m., before he, Boy A and another teen, Boy C, set off for Kingsway. Boy C told the police that he heard Boy B say “why, he hit you?” and Boy B started “running with rage”.

Boy A later told the jury that he heard Boy B’s girlfriend had been “pushed, beaten, or threatened with stabbing” and that Boy B was “angry”. He said he was going to challenge Mr Dockerty for what he did to the girls, but Mr Dockerty pushed or punched Boy B, then “smacked me in the face”.

Boy A told the jury he saw Mr. Dockerty with a knife and his victim walking up to him and saying, “Look at this.” The killer said he manufactured his knife to “protect himself”, while “fighting for his life”.







Police rushed to the scene after the father of two was stabbed to death last April
(

Image:

Echoes of Liverpool)

However, Boy B countered that version of events and said he did not see the knife in Mr. Dockerty’s hand. He denied trying to “save his own skin” at Boy A’s expense, later telling his girlfriend on Snapchat: “I’d get rid of him if I had to, I don’t. burn.”

The teenagers fled after the 8 p.m. stabbing, when CCTV cameras showed Boy A leaving the murder weapon in a bread cart. Prosecutors allege he had two knives and dropped another that was found on a grassy bank, but Boy A argued that the second blade belonged to Mr.

At the first trial, Ms. Griffiths said witnesses only saw a knife “wasted up” by a man on a red Trek bike – Boy A. When arrested, Boy A denied he was riding. red bike and said he was at home.

He later admitted it was a “lie” and claimed his victim lunged at him with a knife and he was forced to defend himself. Ms Griffiths said it was “more of a lie” and “an opportunistic attempt to blame someone else who is no longer here to speak for themselves”.

Peter Finnigan, QC, defended Boy A, today saying his client extends his sympathies to the victim’s family for his “horrific” actions. He said: “He has a very deep sense of regret about what happened that day and a deep sense of shame.”

Mr. Finnigan asked the judge to note Boy A’s age, that he had no previous convictions and could still be reinstated.

Judge Neil Flewitt, QC, said while it appeared Mr Dockerty was the “aggressor” in a “relatively minor verbal conflict” with the girls, that “there was no way to justify what next”. He said he was pleased Boy A – hooded and face covered – intended to confront him and was “encouraged” for having a knife.

Judge Flewitt said while Mr Dockerty could have thrown a punch at Boy A, he was sure the victim was “unarmed” and “did not pose any serious threat to anyone”. present”. He told the killer: “I’m sure you want to teach Connor Dockerty a lesson for upsetting Boy B’s girlfriend and her friends.”

Boy A insists he has a knife “for protection”, as there are rumors that he will be attacked with the blade because of a previous unrelated incident. Judge Flewitt said while preparing to accept that, the knife attack on Mr Dockerty was “without reason”.

The judge said Boy A must have spent at least 14 years – minus the 328 days he had stayed – in detention in His Majesty’s will. “I’m afraid this incident is yet another example of the terrible consequences of how some young people have become habitual knife owners,” he said.

John Batey, 44, of no fixed address, but from Huyton, was found guilty of aiding an offender, for disposing of Boy A’s “special” red bicycle – “important evidence” serious” after the murder. Matthew Conway, the defender, said Batey was a “hard-working” man of former good character who had made “a profound error”.

Imprisoning him for three years, Judge Flewitt said Batey tried to stop detectives and it was so serious he ended up in jail.

Read more

Read more

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/murdered-dad-two-said-tell-26497056 Murdered father-of-two says 'tell my children I love them' while taking his last breath

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button