My £65 parking fine was sent to my old address

A WORRIED driver was slapped with a collection letter for a parking fine they never received.

Reddit user CTM-Ex-Sos turned to the forum for advice on what to do about the notice, which more than doubles the standard £65 parking fine for late payment.

Is there a penalty if sent to the wrong ben competition address?


Is there a penalty if sent to the wrong ben competition address?Credit: Getty

The car driver was fined at some point from a private parking company, but was never notified because they had changed addresses.

The original fine they were sent was £65 – but because the parking ticket has gone unanswered, Debt Recovery Plus is now asking for £170.

The post read: “Hi, I need some advice, I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus about a private parking violation.

“They sent the fine to an old address I no longer live at; I only know of this letter as a family member, living at the old address, has informed me of the collection. debt recovery plus letter.

“Do I need to pay this, I believe it was a £65 parking fine but it went up to £170.

“What can/will I do?”

Motorists can dispute fines – but importantly, failure to notify the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) of a change of address could also result in a fine.

DVLA requires driver keep all the details on their license is updated.

If the DVLA needs to contact you but the address details are incorrect, you could be fined up to £1,000.

Your address can be updated for free with DVLA on, so it’s best to do so as soon as you move out.

You can also apply for your change of address by mail – you’ll need to send in your driver’s license photocard and form D741, D1 or D2, which you can pick up at the Post Office.

If you are living in temporary accommodation, such as a university dormitory, you do not need to update your address.

Just make sure the DVLA can still contact you at the address registered on your license.

Can I dispute a penalized private parking?

Fines issued by private parking companies are often referred to as Parking fee notice (PCN).

You can object to a PCN, but first you need to check if the company can get your details from the DVLA.

You will first have to check if the parking company is part of an accredited trade association (ATA).

You can check this using the websites of the British Parking Association (BPA) or the International Parking Community (IPA).

If it’s ATA, contact the company directly and explain your situation – although it may be too late if the fine has already been passed on to Debt Recovery Plus.

Otherwise, it shouldn’t have been able to access your details from the DVLA to post the message.

It’s a four parking tickets loophole for rescinding your fine, be sure to appeal if you think you have grounds.

More, never miss fines, you can find the bailiff in your case.

Explanation of warning lights and indicator lights on car dashboards My £65 parking fine was sent to my old address

Fry Electronics Team

Fry is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button