News

Mystery of death of Bahamas hotel solved after three tourists found dead in their rooms – World News

Husband and wife couple Michael and Robbie Phillips and Floridian Vincent Chiarella were found dead at the all-inclusive retreat in May after reportedly being unwell

Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas, where three American guests died
Sandals Emerald Bay in Great Exuma, Bahamas, where three American guests died

Three American tourists found dead at an all-inclusive Sandals resort in the Bahamas died of carbon monoxide poisoning, autopsy and toxicology reports claim.

Florida resident Vincent Chiarella, 64, and Tennessee couple Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, died under mysterious circumstances on May 6 this year at Emerald Bay Resort on Great Exuma Island, one of the largest bays in the world USA District of Exuma in the Bahamas.

The three victims were found unresponsive in their rooms after allegedly seeking medical attention the previous night because they were unwell – Chiarella’s wife Donnis was also briefly hospitalized but later returned to full health.

An investigation was immediately launched to find out what might have happened, examining the hotel food, air conditioning and water heater.







Robbie and Michael Phillips were two of the three American tourists who died at the all-inclusive resort in the Bahamas
(

Picture:

Facebook)

Other guests at the resort also complained of a strong smell of insecticide.

A second, independent autopsy had been requested by the families of the deceased tourists, in addition to one by a Bahamian pathologist.

“There is still some investigation going on,” said Dr. Michael Darville to Eyewitness News.

“We also have the pathologists in the country who did their job and the samples were sent to a very reliable laboratory in the United States.”

Royal Bahamian Police added that none of the dead showed trauma but did show signs of convulsions.






Vincent Chiarella, left, was found dead at a resort in the Bahamas by his wife Donnis on Friday morning

Emerald Bay General Manager Jeremy Mutton said a few days ago: “We extend our condolences to the families and continue to keep the families in our thoughts and prayers.”

The resort has drawn criticism from guests, with a previous Sun visitor saying: “It was by far the worst hotel I’ve ever stayed in – the pool was freezing and the paint looked dirty, I just knew it was awful .”

A TripAdvisor reviewer recently wrote, “More butlins than sandals!! Not to rant now, I’m going to lump service, cleanliness, quality of food, room service, broken air conditioner, bed bugs, musty rooms, mold and rust and just say this is the worst vacation we’ve had in 20 years.”







Guests at the Sandals Emerald Bay Resort hotel complained of “strong odor” from insecticides
(

Picture:

Today)

Another previous guest revealed: “The property needs maintenance. Not necessarily remodeling, but I feel like general maintenance has been neglected for a while.

“We have a large bubble full of water hanging from our bathroom ceiling while the furniture is worn and stained on some upholstery making it appear dirty.”

And one social media user slammed Sandals himself, adding, “It’s beyond unacceptable – I hope people are held accountable, including the owner.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/bahamas-hotel-deaths-mystery-solved-27047166 Mystery of death of Bahamas hotel solved after three tourists found dead in their rooms - World News

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button