New charges against Conor McGregor for traffic accident

New charges have been brought against UFC star Conor McGregor in a traffic accident in West Dublin.

The 34-year-old MMA fighter, who was previously charged with dangerous driving, has now also been charged with negligent driving.

His case was adjourned in Blanchardstown District Court to allow his defense to review CCTV evidence in light of the new count.

Judge David McHugh has remanded him on bail until November 24.

McGregor, with an address at The Paddocks, Castledillon, Straffan, Co. Kildare, was previously charged with two counts of dangerous driving on Lucan Road in Lucan and the N4/M50 motorway junction in Palmerstown on March 22.

He was also charged with driving without insurance and a license and failing to present his documents at a Garda station within 10 days.

Today Garda Denis Lordon said he continued to charge McGregor ahead of the court session and, after being cautioned, did not respond to the final charge.

He was given a copy of the indictment.

Defense attorney David Staunton said the additional negligent driving charge stems from the same incident.

The judge determined that the location was “close by” – the M4/M50.

Mr Staunton asked for an adjournment to review the existing CCTV in relation to the new fee.

He said the defense could say how it intends to deal with the matter at the next hearing.

Judge McHugh extended bail to cover the new charges and also issued a general disclosure order of prosecution evidence.

McGregor arrived at West Dublin Courthouse this morning in a black Mercedes.

Dressed in a dark suit, he sat at the back of the busy courtroom before making his way to the dock as his case was called.

He was under no obligation to address the court during the brief proceedings. He has not yet contested the charges.

Earlier, evidence of McGregor’s arrest, arraignment and caution in relation to the dangerous driving charges was presented to the court by way of a certificate.

Garda Lordon had said that as he continued to indict the defendant on four counts related to his license and insurance, McGregor had not responded after being cautioned.

Earlier, defense attorney Michael Staines said he could confirm to the court that his client had shown the Gardai a copy of his client’s insurance and driver’s license.

McGregor, the world’s highest-earning athlete in 2021, is said to have been driving a €170,000 registered 2019 Bentley Continental GT at the time he was stopped.

After his arrest in March, his spokesman said: “Mr McGregor was driving to the gym when he was stopped by Gardaí for alleged road traffic offences.

“He passed the drug and alcohol tests at the station.”

A video of a passing car in which McGregor was stopped by the Gardaí went viral and was retweeted by McGregor.

Hours after the arrest, the Crumlin-born fighter posted a message on Instagram that read “tea always helps” with a picture of tea and muffins.

Several criminal cases have brought McGregor to justice in recent years.

In 2019 he was fined €1,000 but escaped jail after pleading guilty to assaulting a man at the Marble Arch pub in Drimnagh in April.

During that hearing, the court was told that McGregor had 18 prior convictions, mostly for road traffic offences, but one for assault and public order offences.

Among his previous car driving cases, in 2018 he was given a six-month driving ban and fined €1,000 at Naas District Court for speeding.

McGregor was caught driving 154 km/h within a 100 km/h zone on the N7 in Co Kildare in the incident on October 11, 2017 and failed to pay the fine due to an administrative error, the court heard.

In November 2017, McGregor was fined €400 for speeding in another incident on Naas Road after pleading guilty in Blanchardstown District Court.

https://www.independent.ie/news/new-charge-brought-against-conor-mcgregor-over-motoring-incident-41971507.html New charges against Conor McGregor for traffic accident

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button