THERE’S an exciting new motorsport event coming up this weekend during the Dubshed Auto Show.
It’s called “The Stages”, is powered by Monster Energy and endorsed by the famous Solbergs rally family.
And it’s a whole new attraction and event in itself within the Dubshed show.
Monster Energy athlete Luke Woodham will be at the event with his V8-powered Nissan Silvia S14.
The Stages includes drift, rally and time attack elements on a track designed by the team behind the more popular Gymkhana GRiD.
There will be a wide range of cars in action, from budget models to professionally built and very powerful high-end cars.
The Stages is free for anyone wishing to participate, but you must have a rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive car to participate.
There is also a selection process where your car is scrutinized by the Monster Team.
Do you have what it takes to win? Log-in: gtini.com/the-stages/ and enter your details below to show your interest.
Please note the provisions below. Entrants will be selected based on the entries in each class.
THE STAGE REGULATION:
- Modifications are allowed and the vehicle must be non-road legal, but cars must drive in front
bumper and bonnet
- All tires must be E-marked or dot-marked with tread
- Oil collection containers are mandatory for open ventilation systems
- All parts of the fuel system in the passenger compartment must be sealed with a partition
- Factory seat belts or seat belts must be securely attached
- The battery must be secured and the connections covered
- Fire extinguishers must be placed within the driver’s reach
- Open top cars must be fitted with a roll bar or hard top
- Riders must wear full-length clothing — no shorts or t-shirts — and helmets are mandatory
Double car show:
The DUBSHED car show returns this weekend after taking a sabbatical along with the rest of the world thanks to Covid.
And this year’s show promises to be the biggest and best in Dubshed ever.
Under GTINI’s direction, it has grown from humble beginnings at the King’s Hall in Belfast to a massive two-day show taking place this Saturday and Sunday.
The show is now taking place at the excellent Eikon Exhibition Center in Lisburn, Co. Down and although its focus is still on Volkswagen vehicles it attracts vehicles from the VW and Audi group as well as German vehicles and all manufacturers are welcome.
Dave Egan and his Drift Games crew will be making the journey from Dublin along with all their cars.
See: dubshed.com for more information or to book your tickets in advance, but you can also pay on arrival at the gate.
https://www.thesun.ie/motors/8583697/new-gymkhana-style-motorsport-event-called-the-stages-on-at-dubshed/ New Gymkhana themed motorsport event called THE STAGES in Dubshed