Amazon Game Studios just released an official announcement New world Forums that, after several rounds of free server transfers and server merges, are outlining new details on how server transfers will be handled in the future, with a focus on merging low-populated servers. In addition to paid transfers, players can now also transfer regions.
Did you play New world on a server with a relatively low population and you’re ready to jump into some massive faction-based battles, but you’ve already used up your free server transfer? Well, you’re in luck, starting April 25thth., 2022 you can spend 14.99 to initiate your next server transfer. There are of course some limitations on where you can transfer to. Here’s everything you need to know about server broadcasts:
- Each paid transfer token also allows you to switch regions
- Players must use their free tokens or all held tokens before purchasing a new one
- Some busy worlds may not allow transfer and will be marked as “Complete” or “No Transfer”.
- After you use a broadcast, there is a 24-hour cooldown before you can broadcast again
- Character progression, weapon mastery, titles, faction alliance progression, inventory and storage, all currencies, quest progression, and housing carry over with you
- Players must leave their company and cancel their trading post orders before they can be transferred
- There is a level 25 region transfer restriction, and region transfers are allowed for players who own housing
The development team for New world recently stated that in addition to region transfers, they are committed to fixing bugs, adding quality of life features, and really focusing on getting the PvP aspects of the game right. Despite the thousands of bugs AGS has fixed so far, they still have a long way to go in convincing players to try again. Hopefully the next update will come live on April 25ththwill be a big step in the right direction alongside the new paid transfers.
https://www.mmorpg.com/news/new-world-will-now-let-players-transfer-servers-for-a-price-2000124872 New World now lets players transfer servers for a fee