Maybe it’s straightforward to offer an excessive amount of credit score to a Patriots roster coached by Belichick as a result of we’re all so used to the staff being good. Maybe that’s what occurred to CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora.
He just lately admitted he botched his preseason prediction that the Patriots can be a harmful playoff staff.
NFL Skilled Says He Has a Arduous Time Seeing the Patriots within the Playoffs
The Patriots are 2-3 forward of an enormous check at dwelling in opposition to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. In the event that they fall to 2-4 with 2 video games nonetheless upcoming in opposition to the Buffalo Payments, and equally troublesome matchups with the Los Angeles Chargers and Cleveland Browns, the Patriots might want to go on a formidable run to make the playoffs.
La Canfora doesn’t sound optimistic in regards to the Patriots’ probabilities of success.
This Tom Brady v. Invoice Belichick post-divorce factor is one-way visitors. Brady and the Bucs are slaying every little thing and the rebuilding Patriots had been fortunate to beat the tanking Texans final week. May New England get somewhat higher because the season goes on? Certain. Mac Jones is steady sufficient as a rookie QB. However there isn’t a lot particular about this staff, nothing comes straightforward, the offensive line has change into a critical concern they usually simply don’t look notably near profitable something significant to me. I believed they might be a scary staff to face within the wild-card spherical. However I’ve a tough time seeing them within the postseason, now, and this feels quite a bit like final yr’s 7-9 season to me. Matt Judon can solely achieve this a lot, the secondary is a large number (may’ve used Stephon Gilmore final week! Too quickly?) and Belichick the GM is doing Belichick the coach no favors. Look, if Jones continues on this arc, then the season is successful by way of the long-term rebuild, however I believed this system total can be additional alongside for 2021.
Some counsel the Patriots can be in a greater place if the staff had saved Cam Newton, however right here we’re and issues aren’t precisely peachy.
What’s Subsequent For the Patriots?
If nothing else, the Patriots should handle dwelling area. The staff is already 0-3 at Gillette Stadium. Ending the 2021 season with a profitable report at house is crucial, and the highway towards .500 begins Sunday in opposition to the Cowboys.
New England Patriots (2-3) 2021 Common Season Schedule
- Week 1 – Miami Dolphins 17, New England Patriots 16
- Week 2 – New England Patriots 25, New York Jets 6
- Week 3 – New Orleans Saints 28, New England Patriots 13
- Week 4 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers 19, New England Patriots 17
- Week 5 – New England Patriots 25, Houston Texans 22
- Week 6 – Dallas Cowboys at 4:25 pm ET – CBS – October 17
- Week 7 – New York Jets at 1pm ET – CBS – October 24
- Week 8 – at Los Angeles Chargers at 4:05 pm ET – CBS – October 31
- Week 9 – at Carolina Panthers at 1 pm ET – CBS – November 7
- Week 10 – Cleveland Browns at 1 pm ET – CBS – November 14
- Week 11 – at Atlanta Falcons at 8:20 pm ET – FOX/NFL Community/Amazon – November 18
- Week 12 – Tennessee Titans at 1 pm ET – CBS – November 28
- Week 13 – at Buffalo Payments at 8:15 pm ET – ESPN – December 6
- Week 14 – Bye Week
- Week 15 – at Indianapolis Colts Time TBA – December 18
- Week 16 – Jacksonville Jaguars at 1 pm ET – CBS – January 2
- Week 17 – at Miami Dolphins at 1 pm ET – CBS – January 9
https://heavy.com/sports activities/new-england-patriots/bill-belichick-cowboys-playoffs/ | NFL Skilled Says He ‘Whiffed’ on Patriots Prediction