Number of Ukrainians in Ireland exceeds 54,000

More than 54,000 Ukrainians have arrived in Ireland since Russia invaded their country in February.

The latest figures released by the Central Statistics Office (CSO) show that in the week ended September 25, 54,771 Personal Public Service Numbers (PPSNs) were issued to individuals from Ukraine under the Temporary Protection Directive.

Women aged 20 and over account for 46 percent of arrivals so far, while men and women under 19 account for 35 percent of arrivals.

The highest percentage of arrivals was categorized as “one parent with children” at 35 percent or 19,121 people.

According to the CSO, just over 1,000 refugees arrived in Ireland in the week before the figures were compiled.

Currently Dublin’s north inner city and Killarney, Co. Kerry host the most refugees from Ukraine with 1,558 arrivals in both areas.

The Local Electoral Area (LEA) with the highest rate of immigration is Ennistymon in Co Clare.

The results also show that 5,959 arrivals from Ukraine are living in private housing, where 2,770 hosts receive housing recognition payments for hosting people from the war-torn country.

The latest available data shows that in the 2021-22 school year, 6,890 refugees enrolled in schools, with 71 percent in elementary schools and the remaining 29 percent in secondary schools.

Dublin has the highest number of children enrolled in schools at 1,205 while Monaghan had the lowest at 23.

The CSO also found that 67 percent of the new arrivals had attended employment support events organized by Intreo Public Employment Services.

It found that mastering the English language is a major challenge in securing employment for those arriving from Ukraine.

Of the 19,589 arrivals who attended an Intreo event, 14,209 had previous occupations recorded.

Of the 13,878 people with the highest level of education, 67% had achieved an NFQ level of 7 or higher.

https://www.independent.ie/news/number-of-ukrainians-in-ireland-passes-54000-42036531.html Number of Ukrainians in Ireland exceeds 54,000

Fry Electronics Team

Fry Electronics.com is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – admin@fry-electronics.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Related Articles

Back to top button