The publisher Blitworks has announced the upcoming release of the vintage-inspired racer Slideway, coming to Switch on April 7 for $9.99/€8.99. The game was originally funded on Kickstarter in 2016 and released independently on PC in 2018.
Games inspired by titles like Run out and Horizon Chase Turbo, boasts stunning pixelated images with a focus on moving around corners. It’ll have a handy rewind mechanism to correct any disastrous issues along with a host of graphic filters so you can really complete that vintage look. Best of all, it features 4-player split-screen – a rare treat these days!
Here is a summary of all the features:
– Reality: Built on a custom engine, Slipstream brings authentic 2D sprite scale graphics for modern platforms.
– Multiplayer: Fun local split-screen game, up to 4 players!
– Rewind time: Do it wrong? Press the rewind button to go back in time for up to 5 seconds and try again.
– 20 different tracks: Set in many exotic locations around the world…and more.
– 5 Playable Cars: Inspired by classic car models from the 80’s, 90’s.
– Accessibility Options: There are 3 difficulty levels to choose from, some visual effects can be turned off and most importantly game speed can be reduced by up to 50%, giving players more time to react responsive, but still keep the game physics accurate. similar.
– 6 game modes:
– Grand Tour: A breathtaking ride across five stages, with rival racers to beat and branching paths to choose from.
– Cannonball: Freely customizable racing mode with optional traffic, opponents and other racers.
– Grand Prix: Championship mode includes five races, with season scores and optional car options.
– Single Race: Simple racing mode, with customizable settings.
– Test of time, a solo race against time.
– Battle Royale, an endurance racing mode removed.
– 5 car models, each with its own specifications and play style.
– Original soundtrack with 9 exclusive songs by Stefan Moser (Effoharkay).
– Graphics Options: Includes Pixelated, CRT and NTSC filters, for a realistic vintage experience.
We love Slipstream’s aesthetic, so we’ll be keeping a close eye on this one shortly before its April 7 launch. Here’s hoping it joins the ranks of racing games Best on Switch!
Would you choose Slipstream? Let us know with a comment!
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/out-run-inspired-retro-racer-slipstream-drifts-onto-switch-in-april Off the track Retro-inspired ‘Slipstream’ goes into mode in April