Olivia Attwood has said that she would rather “walk back to England” than return to camp empty-handed as she prepares to enter the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! tropical forest.
The reality TV star, who first rose to fame in 2017 on Love Island, is one of the celebrity contestants who will face the Bushtucker Trials and life in the camp when the show returns on Sunday.
Attwood, 31, hopes to prove the public’s prejudices that she’s wrong and stuck in all sorts of activities, but she admits if one of the trials involves the dark , she will have to “dig deep”.
The reality TV star said she hopes her stubbornness will be an advantage on the show, as she told The Sun: “I can’t find myself saying: ‘I’m a celebrity, give it a go. I’m out of here’.
“People will have prejudices about what I like and I want to prove them wrong.
“It was really hard for me to go back to camp and say I didn’t even give and didn’t have a star. I’d rather walk back to England.”
Attwood, who went on to appear on Celebs Go Dating and The Only Way Is Essex after her time on Love Island, feels she has “grown up a lot” since her time at the villa.
“I was very short-tempered and very nervous when I was in the villa,” she said.
“Forest is a very different vibe and I wanted to show a side of myself that I haven’t had the chance to show yet.
“I just want to have a great experience, make new friends in my life and make some great memories.”
Bushtucker Trials are famous for putting celebrities to the test by pitting them against terrifying beasts, heights, dark and unusual foods.
Video of the day
Attwood said she was “not terrible” with insects, but admitted that dealing with 50 spiders would be a “nightmare”.
She added: “This sounds silly, but I really hate the dark – I’ve always slept with a bedside lamp since I was a kid.
“If any experiment involves darkness, I will have to dig deep.
“I also can’t stand boneless people. Everyone has to play their part to keep the camp tidy.”
Also among the famous squads taking part in the Australian jungle are rugby player Mike Tindall, pop star Boy George and former England footballer Jill Scott.
Former health secretary Matt Hancock has also been confirmed to be joining the squad, prompting the West Suffolk MP to be suspended from the Tory whip and sacked from across the political divide after opting to join the show. at the time Parliament was sitting.
He had previously told Sun that he wanted to use the “incredible background” on the show to raise awareness about dyslexia and insisted it was “not the check” that made him decide. join the program.
Leading figures at organizations specializing in dyslexia say they are grateful to the former cabinet minister for his work raising awareness of learning difficulties and welcome a platform for the cause.
I’m a celebrity… Get me out of here! back to ITV on November 6 at 9pm.
https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/olivia-attwood-id-rather-walk-back-to-england-than-not-try-in-iac-trials-42120970.html Olivia Attwood: I’d rather walk back to England than not try in the IAC trials